Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think mine is out for delivery. Seems a bit pointless TBH as it will just sit on the drive for the foreseeable but I suppose as a company car at least I get the tax benefit.

I wasn’t given any option to cancel, just a message to say it was due to be delivered.

Post on another thread is saying that ones due to be delivered today are being cancelled even after confirmation texts this morning so I’m not holding out much hope now! Not sure I want the roller coaster of Tesla orders again so I many order something different if that happens. Not their fault, I know, but it’s such a black hole I think I’ll go for something else!

I just got called by Tesla - apparently I was down for collection at Heathrow Thursday - although no-one has told me this. He said my car is still at Southampton and the company transporting has cancelled until further notice.
He asked if my car was essential and I said no , so I'll be waiting to hear when they resume, depending on the situation.

Had you guys previously replied NO to the previous text? Where was your delivery locations?
I got a text 2 weeks ago to confirm delivery on 20th and I replied Y. Got a call on 18th to say the 20th had been moved back to 25th (still home delivery) and a subsequent email on 20th to confirm the same. Got a text yesterday which said delivery within 48 hours and then got the text this morning to say it was they will facilitate delivery if essential

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I will do when I hear anything, the suggestion was that Tesla UK are trying to work something out.

Just got an email an hour or so ago from Bristol saying delivery is "not an option at the moment" and that collection will be rescheduled.

I note that the collection date and VIN number that were showing on my account page have disappeared, but that the VIN is still in the source code.

Interesting that the BBC website has a page of Q&As dealing with what is and is not allowable under the current regime. One item covered is "Will deliveries from non-essential shops still go ahead?", to which the answer is yes. Tesla is an on-line retailer and should therefore continue to be able to make deliveries. Collection is a different thing, but if Tesla can manage the logistics, there should be no reason under the Government's current guidance as to why a delivery cannot take place.

Interesting that the BBC website has a page of Q&As dealing with what is and is not allowable under the current regime. One item covered is "Will deliveries from non-essential shops still go ahead?", to which the answer is yes. Tesla is an on-line retailer and should therefore continue to be able to make deliveries. Collection is a different thing, but if Tesla can manage the logistics, there should be no reason under the Government's current guidance as to why a delivery cannot take place.

From other threads there's a suggestion there might now be a shortage of drivers and delivery company issues. I suppose they're not immune to losing staff to illness in the circumstances. Perfect storm.

I note that the collection date and VIN number that were showing on my account page have disappeared, but that the VIN is still in the source code.

I noticed this too. I called Bristol and they assured me that my car was still mine and that the VIN must have disappeared only because I hadn’t accepted my appointment in the text they sent last night.

They also “pinged” my car and confirmed that it had reached them. So near and yet so far!

Reactions: Masklin
Clearly lots of us are in difficult and frustrating positions. I was due to collect my MX from Edinburgh this Saturday. Further complicated by my need to first fly from NI to Edinburgh, then drive home via a ferry. I think some of our population are still underestimating how serious and unprecedented the developing coronavirus situation is. As a hospital consultant, and 25 years a doctor, I've never seen anything as frightening as this before. Granted the risk of infection is small in some of the specific scenarios discussed in this forum but personally I would not want to do anything that potentially increased the risk to patients, family or colleagues. I do need a car for work and have already sold my previous car, but I've called Tesla and postponed collection. Fingers crossed they'll keep the cars for us, or maybe even come up with a home delivery solution. Stay safe everyone..

I've just had a conversation with Tesla and the guy I spoke to just now was way more helpful. Said that this morning they were told they had to pull together a team to get adhoc deliveries done. There is now a 'list' of customers who now need delivery instead of collection and they are working through that list. your original collection date will not be the delivery date but you may get it.

He did say that as this is special circumstances, they aren't likely to reallocate VINs - that was mainly for those who want them to hold the cars for a number of months because of job uncertainty. For those who do want the car, they are trying to figure out a solution.

I think mine is out for delivery. Seems a bit pointless TBH as it will just sit on the drive for the foreseeable but I suppose as a company car at least I get the tax benefit.
(snip)

Interestingly, the Q&A on the BBC news said that there's nothing in the rules that says you have to take your daily exercise starting at your home address, so theoretically you could still drive somewhere to take a walk or run.

So you could still have a drive around in your new car.

Just had a call from Tesla asking me if I would mine deferring my pickup (due to collect Friday) as they are trying to prioritise NHS staff. Guessing they've had a lot of YES replies.

No issue for me as, even though I am a key worker, I am part exchanging my current car with them so am still able to get to work without recourse to public transport.

She said they would be in touch in about three weeks once everything has settled down a bit. It wont have (this is long haul) but I appreciated her optimism.

Just had a call from Tesla asking me if I would mine deferring my pickup (due to collect Friday) as they are trying to prioritise NHS staff. Guessing they've had a lot of YES replies.

No issue for me as, even though I am a key worker, I am part exchanging my current car with them so am still able to get to work without recourse to public transport.

She said they would be in touch in about three weeks once everything has settled down a bit. It wont have (this is long haul) but I appreciated her optimism.

Heathrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.