Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, just got the same!

I'm due to collect my M3LR on Thursday, in fact because I'm in the Isle of Man and we are on lockdown, it's being collected on a transporter. I have checked a couple of times to confirm all was still OK, but yesterday the sales guy wasn't sure they would get it in time.
I then received an e-mail today saying because I hadn't replied YES to the text [I have] to contact them to reschedule collection.

I called them again and spoke to a salesperson who promised to find a car and phone me back within 15 minutes, which didn't happen.

I sent off an e-mail detailing events so far and received a reply at 20:15 saying again they would try and find me a car.

As I no longer have a car, I'm hoping something gets sorted, but not counting on it.

However, these are exceptional times so these things are not entirely unexpected.

New Text just received:

Tesla Update: We would like to deliver your Tesla direct to your home location and would kindly ask that you reply to this SMS confirming your full delivery address, including postcode. A Tesla Advisor will then reach out to you to finalise the details. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Well, now I'm hoping that I receive this text today. Both the calls to Tesla yesterday didn't fill me with hope that they have the situation under control (what they can control at least).

Well, now I'm hoping that I receive this text today. Both the calls to Tesla yesterday didn't fill me with hope that they have the situation under control (what they can control at least).
I got the text around the same time as @J8JOE and @AshD, at 23:32. I was in bed but happened to wake up and see it, and replied to it.

I would've thought if you were going to receive that text that you would've by now? Maybe worth a call though.

I'm paying in cash, I believe @J8JOE is also, not sure about @AshD? All three of us would be collecting from different places, so I don't think it's delivery location specific.

Reactions: J8JOE
When are cars usually delivered to SC? Was due collection tomorrow, so expecting the car to arrive today. As an essential worker, was informed yesterday I’d still get the green light to collect as I need car. If they had the capacity I could even nip through today before my night shift. Wondered if it’s worth a call to see if my cars there?

I'm afraid I couldn't wait and contacted VWFS just to ask about how Armageddon is potentially going to affect orders and deliveries, if at all.

The lady I spoke to was super helpful actually, and said that my order has been placed with Tesla, and they will be in touch with an RN, but also mentioned that production of Tesla's in Germany has been suspended for two weeks? Not sure if anyone else had heard this, but thought it might be useful info for those that hadn't.

Had a call from Park Royal this morning - my vehicle was scheduled for delivery/collection on Monday 30th 11.30am.
They said:
- Vehicle stuck in Southampton at the moment
- They're prioritising key workers
- Will re-look at trying to get it sorted in 3 weeks time
- (I queried whether I'd lose my allocated inventory vehicle) He said it's possible but cars get allocated and re-allocated all the time, and that actually at the moment there are too many cars in Southampton and I'm fairly high up the list so should be ok whatever happens (don't feel totally confident of that based on others' experience but anyway).
- Quarter end targets not a priority anymore

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
When are cars usually delivered to SC? Was due collection tomorrow, so expecting the car to arrive today. As an essential worker, was informed yesterday I’d still get the green light to collect as I need car. If they had the capacity I could even nip through today before my night shift. Wondered if it’s worth a call to see if my cars there?
Bristol told me that my car, and I presume many others, is stuck in Southampton and they’re trying to make alternative arrangements. If your car was on GLOVIS CAPTAIN I would assume the same.

• Informative
Reactions: AnthonyLR and Smog
I got the text around the same time as @J8JOE and @AshD, at 23:32. I was in bed but happened to wake up and see it, and replied to it.

I would've thought if you were going to receive that text that you would've by now? Maybe worth a call though.

I'm paying in cash, I believe @J8JOE is also, not sure about @AshD? All three of us would be collecting from different places, so I don't think it's delivery location specific.

Interestingly, late afternoon/early evening, I received a call from Black Horse who wanted to do some additional security checks (I was happy with this due to previously being an identity fraud victim). So there is clearly still work being done in the background.

Will give them another call today. I don't like adding to the call volume, but there's still so much uncertainty.

Morning all,

I'm a key worker and replied YES to the essential text. Collection due tomorrow at Heathrow. I was on GC so I'm assuming they've had to select certain cars to load out of Southampton. I can't help feel I'm going to get a text today though......

I'm afraid I couldn't wait and contacted VWFS just to ask about how Armageddon is potentially going to affect orders and deliveries, if at all.

The lady I spoke to was super helpful actually, and said that my order has been placed with Tesla, and they will be in touch with an RN, but also mentioned that production of Tesla's in Germany has been suspended for two weeks? Not sure if anyone else had heard this, but thought it might be useful info for those that hadn't.

IMG_1591.png

Given that this is what Giga Berlin looks like (as of March 21st) I’m not surprised to hear they’re not producing anything for a couple of weeks, maybe even a year or so... ;)

Bristol told me that my car, and I presume many others, is stuck in Southampton and they’re trying to make alternative arrangements. If your car was on GLOVIS CAPTAIN I would assume the same.
Mine is, it’s a shame I can’t collect from Southampton, Tesla insists it can’t interfere in transporter allocations, even if there are very few transporters running, they claim it would make a complicated situation worse. I think it’ll be a few weeks before it’s all clear, pleased at least to see they are delivering as an alternative to collection, good to avoid people having to travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.