Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same situation with my M3 delivery. Had the text messages last week and had a call from Tesla twice this week (Mon/Wed) confirming my address was correct and it's coming today.

Still no news since then though so just sat looking out the window waiting :)

So after getting that text this morning, I've got through to Tesla (Thomas - another nice guy).

I asked about the confusing messaging in the text and I was right to confirm the query with them. Turns out, they are trying to schedule deliveries where they can but if home delivery is not an option, then they are saying collection will still be available at the original collection location. I said (and had to reiterate a couple of times) that it wasn't possible for me to travel to Heathrow (200 mile round trip) due to the government lockdown so it had to be delivery. I did state that I'm happy to wait for however long it needs to be but it does need to be delivery.

Interesting note; he did tell me my car is still in Southampton.

Long story short, re that text: Check it with them coz they're effectively still pushing the collections.

same here

+1 - was excited yesterday to see delivery slot of 2pm today and then a text this morning saying

Tesla Direct Update: We are pleased to inform you that the delivery of your Tesla is expected to take delivery today. Your Tesla will be delivered to the address you have provided. We know that for many people your car will be essential and want to ensure the right safety measures are in place for delivery. Delivery will be conducted in a contactless manner. We recommend you familiarize yourself with the product before delivery Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support. Reply CALL for a Tesla Advisor to contact you. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Followed an hour later by

Dear Tesla customer, We falsely scheduled the delivery appointment of your new car. At the moment we are not able to present you a fix delivery date, but we are working hard on getting you behind the steering wheelof your Tesla as soon as possible Please apologize the inconvenience. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

The 2pm delivery slot is still showing in my account homepage so who knows what’s happening.

CF05C4DD-3120-40DD-A318-261DAE0D0961.jpeg

Arrived via covered transport which I wasn’t expecting and was a nice surprise. Haven’t had the chance to go through the checklist but nothing stands out as wrong.

The only spanner in the works was the fact that it has a different registration than all my documentation does. After a bit of a frantic phone call to Tesla they told me that the reason it had a different plate was because it had been registered in London (or maybe Southampton?) rather than Bristol, where I was supposed to pick it up. Luckily I hadn’t yet taken out insurance.

Oh and the Type-2 charging cable was missing. Apparently there is a shortage, and I need to do the whole app service thing to get one.

EDIT: 7 miles on the clock too ☺️

Last edited:
View attachment 526397

Arrived via covered transport which I wasn’t expecting and was a nice surprise. Haven’t had the chance to go through the checklist but nothing stands out as wrong.

The only spanner in the works was the fact that it has a different registration than all my documentation does. After a bit of a frantic phone call to Tesla they told me that the reason it had a different plate was because it had been registered in London (or maybe Southampton?) rather than Bristol, where I was supposed to pick it up. Luckily I hadn’t yet taken out insurance.

Oh and the Type-2 charging cable was missing. Apparently there is a shortage, and I need to do the whole app service thing to get one.
Blue looks nice in that light. Still not for me though.

Enjoy looking at it!

Reactions: Durzel
View attachment 526397

Looks great in the blue, reassuring to hear than one of us has taken delivery and that it went relatively smoothly.

View attachment 526397

Very nice enjoy it when you can

Status
Not open for further replies.