Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom ordered a M3 Long Range on July 9th with a 4-8 week expected delivery. I was called on July 10th with a match and I VIN and picked up the vehicle on the July 12. After reading some of these post seems like I got luck, maybe because i'm a few hours from the Fremont Factory location?

This is UK page... our orders take a little longer than for you... even when we are finally VIN matched we still have to wait another month or so over here!

Reactions: Mark S
Very depressing this is haha, I am sure I will look back at it all as fun when I have it but I really hope all the Glovis Sun VINs haven't been dished out yet, I remain in hope. I have no car as of Monday so was praying for one on the Glovis Sun.

Ya, I'm in the same boat, but still haven't seen anyone confirm that the VIN is on the account webpage (hidden) and can't call as Tesla is closed in DK, so there is still a change, I hope!

Forgive my childish excitement but I've just ordered a Model 3 (LR) and needed somewhere to shout about it (my wife couldn't care less...haha). Obligatory screen shot below :)

Options I chose:
  • Long Range AWD - I test drove the standard range and was really quite surprised at its turn of pace. Certainly a step up from my current 3 series touring and probably similar to my previous M135i. I really enjoy the AWD in my current BMW so was keen to retain this aspect. Also the additional performance of the long range was too tempting to ignore.
  • Deep blue metallic paint - the only bit my wife had any interest in! Despite my current and previous two cars (M135i and Clio 200) being blue, the somewhat limited choices on the Model 3 led me again to blue. I didn't click with the white test car, black I thought would be constantly filthy looking, grey just a bit bland for my liking and red not my cup of tea. To be honest, colour was near the bottom of my list of priorities.
  • 19" alloys - contemplated the standard alloys but personal preference I think the larger wheels suit the car better. I was prepared to sacrifice a little ride comfort, although reports suggest the 19" wheels are fine.
  • Tow hitch - primarily to increase the versatility and mitigate some of the lost space when trading in my current estate car. I occasionally take my bike away and whereas I appreciate this could be done with a roof rack, I would prefer to have the bikes out back and leave additional space on the roof for a box to carry additional luggage. Probably an indulgence but equally didn't want to be stuck with an impractical car, especially since the tow hitch can not be fitted post-build.
Question: When I log into my account it's asking for delivery location. Is this presumably my local (Leeds) Tesla depot or home address?

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 22.39.54.png

Forgive my childish excitement but I've just ordered a Model 3 (LR) and needed somewhere to shout about it (my wife couldn't care less...haha). Obligatory screen shot below :)

Options I chose:
  • Long Range AWD - I test drove the standard range and was really quite surprised at its turn of pace. Certainly a step up from my current 3 series touring and probably similar to my previous M135i. I really enjoy the AWD in my current BMW so was keen to retain this aspect. Also the additional performance of the long range was too tempting to ignore.
  • Deep blue metallic paint - the only bit my wife had any interest in! Despite my current and previous two cars (M135i and Clio 200) being blue, the somewhat limited choices on the Model 3 led me again to blue. I didn't click with the white test car, black I thought would be constantly filthy looking, grey just a bit bland for my liking and red not my cup of tea. To be honest, colour was near the bottom of my list of priorities.
  • 19" alloys - contemplated the standard alloys but personal preference I think the larger wheels suit the car better. I was prepared to sacrifice a little ride comfort, although reports suggest the 19" wheels are fine.
  • Tow hitch - primarily to increase the versatility and mitigate some of the lost space when trading in my current estate car. I occasionally take my bike away and whereas I appreciate this could be done with a roof rack, I would prefer to have the bikes out back and leave additional space on the roof for a box to carry additional luggage. Probably an indulgence but equally didn't want to be stuck with an impractical car, especially since the tow hitch can not be fitted post-build.
Question: When I log into my account it's asking for delivery location. Is this presumably my local (Leeds) Tesla depot or home address?

View attachment 564937
Beautiful! Exactly as mine but the tow hitch :p AH! And my seat is at the left even when i am going alone ;)

i am also waiting my VIN but in Spain, i dont think i am going to call anyone to investigate, i will just wait until it appears at the source code i guess.

Reactions: Procrastinate
Just spoke with nice chap at Tesla. He informed me I wasn't matched yet and they were yet to receive the manifest from the ship and no one had been matched (clearly incorrect). He said they expect to match people within the next couple of weeks and he'd be surprised if I didn't take delivery early August.

Reactions: Pilotpem
Just spoke with nice chap at Tesla. He informed me I wasn't matched yet and they were yet to receive the manifest from the ship and no one had been matched (clearly incorrect). He said they expect to match people within the next couple of weeks and he'd be surprised if I didn't take delivery early August.

I did the same this morning at 08:30 to a chap called Colin, same message

Reactions: boater291
Status
Not open for further replies.