Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.24.4 and Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think after last version update, I have not seen ELDA doing weird things any more. So I did not have to turn it off anymore.

I did file a bug about ELDA issue and sent them an email asking for option to turn off permanently.

Yeah, same here. I haven't had any false positives in a while in the spots where I used to get them. Either they have toned it way down, or they have quickly identified spots that often provoke false positives and marked them on the ADAS maps to disable ELDA in those locations.

Yup. Installed 2019.24.4... last night. Release notes are mute about ELDA. However, I checked it first thing (twice) and once ELDA is disabled it stays disabled until activated again. WhooHooo.
upload_2019-7-25_18-15-18.png

Now hopefully Tesla will release stats on accident rates for people who turn it off vs. people who leave it on in their next "safety report" :D

Allegedly that data is already in their safety report (they have "no active safety measures" data). But as with everything else in that report, it's impossible to know what "no active safety" means. What vehicle, what conditions, where, when, etc. Is this data from Model 3 owners who turn off one thing? Everything? No idea. But, of course, it is safer with active safety measures turned on, according to Tesla.

In any case, we must simply believe what Tesla says! Use the active safety measures for maximum safety; blindly trust the data. ;)

Allegedly that data is already in their safety report (they have "no active safety measures" data). But as with everything else in that report, it's impossible to know what "no active safety" means. What vehicle, what conditions, where, when, etc. Is this data from Model 3 owners who turn off one thing? Everything? No idea. But, of course, it is safer with active safety measures turned on, according to Tesla.

In any case, we must simply believe what Tesla says! Use the active safety measures for maximum safety; blindly trust the data. ;)
I assumed that was from pre AP1 cars that had no active safety measures. And I agree it would be nuts for them to release a system that actually increased the number of accidents (other than AP of course which everyone loves and also sells cars!). Even I don't think Tesla is that incompetent.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I assumed that was from pre AP1 cars that had no active safety measures.

Seems totally fair to compare several year old cars to brand new cars and use that to demonstrate that active safety measures are better. Very scientific.

But yeah, hopefully the active safety measures are actually safer. I leave all of mine on, including the LDA & ELDA. Forces me to signal well in advance of changing lanes, otherwise it jerks me around. Reminds me of when I'm getting lazy.

Reactions: Scott7
Seems totally fair to compare several year old cars to brand new cars and use that to demonstrate that active safety measures are better. Very scientific.

But yeah, hopefully the active safety measures are actually safer. I leave all of mine on, including the LDA & ELDA. Forces me to signal well in advance of changing lanes, otherwise it jerks me around. Reminds me of when I'm getting lazy.
They need to add a "50% probably of ELDA" mode for people who want to contribute to science. :D

EDIT: How do we know they're not already doing that? We could all be guinea pigs...