Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhance Commander Unit Capabilities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those with the Enhance Commander unit, does its functionality extend to turning off driver assist functions or warning sounds permanently? Or even providing a one button click option to do this (the emergency braking, lane keeping warnings etc? I suspect not but live in hope.

Nope. Why do you want to disable lane keeping? I set it to assist and it barely ever intervenes.

1712953909561.jpeg

Reactions: dronus
Set it to “Assist” and it doesn’t do anything unless you drift slowly out of the lane.
I'll give it a go. Don't want it fighting me if I'm trying to avoid a pothole though.

I have it set to off currently but it still gives the alert regardless. Pretty sure from previous vehicles that under our rules even when you set lane alerts to off they are forced on.

Reactions: dronus and SPadival
I'll give it a go. Don't want it fighting me if I'm trying to avoid a pothole though.

I have it set to off currently but it still gives the alert regardless. Pretty sure from previous vehicles that under our rules even when you set lane alerts to off they are forced on.
I agree with setting to assist. Should have done it earlier. Occasionally you will get a slight nudge when giving a truck or similar a wide berth when overtaking and are close or on the white line and even with one hand on the wheel this is easily overridden. Even nudge is not quite the right word, more like a slightly heavier force to keep it where you want it.

There is a slight tone and the lane marking highlights show blue when it is active.

Experiment on purpose to get a feel for it.

With the non-assist lane departure warning you have to purposefully turn that setting of for each drive, i.e. each time you are in park before you go to drive or you get the annoying loud warnings. You do not get these with assist mode on.

Reactions: Jules22
Nope. Why do you want to disable lane keeping? I set it to assist and it barely ever intervenes.

View attachment 1038105
Well, less lane keep assist specific than a general wish to let me be the organ grinder and the car be the monkey. Other drivers of my Tesla have been particularly unnerved by the warning sounds. I haven't been too bothered by anything so far but would happily have every warning turned off - just not if I have to repeat every trip.

With the non-assist lane departure warning you have to purposefully turn that setting of for each drive, i.e. each time you are in park before you go to drive or you get the annoying loud warnings. You do not get these with assist mode on.
Awesome, thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try this. It doesn't happen very often, but it is annoying when it does sounds like an RWR missile warning which always wakes me up.

It will be useful where there are single lane highways with intermittent overtaking lanes. EAP auto lane change didn’t work here the last time I checked.
That's a good point. I'll turn it on for that reason.

Also when EAP just refuses to change lanes, which can happen on a dark night (I suspect the side camera can't see in the dark sometimes), or just for no apparent reason occasionally.

I agree with setting to assist. Should have done it earlier. Occasionally you will get a slight nudge when giving a truck or similar a wide berth when overtaking and are close or on the white line and even with one hand on the wheel this is easily overridden. Even nudge is not quite the right word, more like a slightly heavier force to keep it where you want it.

There is a slight tone and the lane marking highlights show blue when it is active.

Experiment on purpose to get a feel for it.

Worked great, thanks for the tip guys!