Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.28.2 (320fba0)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to be a few reports of this. This will really add to the confusion of people wanting to check if they have HW3 or not....
Yup, I'm a victim of this.

Got my car on August 7th. Came with 28.2 from the factory. Wanted to use the video encoding method to find out which HW version I was on, and discovered H.264 encoding. After doing a bit of reading, discovered that the update switched everyone (HW 2.5 and HW 3) over to H.264 encoding for some reason.

• Helpful
Reactions: T-Mom
Yup, I'm a victim of this.

Got my car on August 7th. Came with 28.2 from the factory. Wanted to use the video encoding method to find out which HW version I was on, and discovered H.264 encoding. After doing a bit of reading, discovered that the update switched everyone (HW 2.5 and HW 3) over to H.264 encoding for some reason.

Could be part of the code branch merging that’s part of 28.2
Perhaps Tesla decided it wasn’t worth encoding in H.265?

Could be part of the code branch merging that’s part of 28.2
Perhaps Tesla decided it wasn’t worth encoding in H.265?

Could easily be part of the merging.

Having trouble believing the last part; they have hardware encoders for H265 on AP3 cars, so it should require less processor time and energy than H264 does.

It'll be interesting to see whether they keep the H264 over the next couple firmware updates. My bet is that H265 will be back shortly.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I don't use ease of entry (although I probably should), and I've been noticing a few glitches in 28.2 regarding saving seat positions to a profile.

With my profile active, many times adjusting the driver's seat to a new position won't prompt a "save" option, nor will a "save" option be available under the profile menu.

As a workaround, I make the adjustment to the driver's seat, then move a side view mirror a bit. This will prompt the "save" dialog, and will actually save the new seat position.

This bug doesn't always occur, though; I've been trying various things in order to make it a 100% reproducible bug in order to report it, but have been unsuccessful so far.

it returned to off the next day....is this now reset every drive to off?
Did you make sure to save your driver's profile after you turned it on? (Otherwise things like easy entry, or switching the profile, can cause the setting to revert.)

^ this.

It shouldn’t need saving. Only changes to side-view mirrors and seat positions prompt saving to a profile. Settings should automatically save.

It shouldn’t ... but i’ve definitely seen glitches like this where the settings don’t stick. Specifically NOA lane confirmation after an update, turn it back off, and then it’s on again next time.

I then checked my profile and easy entry and forced a save prompt by moving steering wheel up and down to make sure everything was saved. This was maybe a month ago.

I don't use ease of entry (although I probably should), and I've been noticing a few glitches in 28.2 regarding saving seat positions to a profile.

With my profile active, many times adjusting the driver's seat to a new position won't prompt a "save" option, nor will a "save" option be available under the profile menu.

As a workaround, I make the adjustment to the driver's seat, then move a side view mirror a bit. This will prompt the "save" dialog, and will actually save the new seat position.

This bug doesn't always occur, though; I've been trying various things in order to make it a 100% reproducible bug in order to report it, but have been unsuccessful so far.

Same here but I do use easy entry and I adjust the steering wheel instead of a mirror (so almost the same - but I’ve noticed seat change no save prompt too).

Whoa, finally got a software update notice (car is 5 days old). Was delivered with 15.105, but jumped to 28.3 just now!

3D43A132-F65B-4338-AA0D-9A2EBE1D5209.jpeg

Reactions: willow_hiller
Whoa, finally got a software update notice (car is 5 days old). Was delivered with 15.105, but jumped to 28.3 just now!

I just checked, and 2019.28.3 is beginning to show up on TeslaFi, too. It looks like Tesla slowed or stopped pushing 2019.28.2 and earlier for some reason and have now started up 2019.28.3. (It's possible the trickle of new 2019.28.2 installs over the weekend are the result of cars that had downloaded it earlier than that, but the owners installed it over the weekend.)

FWIW I just went through all the menus and such and can't really tell what would be different from 28.2.

There are probably no user-visible differences between 2019.28.2 and 2019.28.3 -- at least, nothing that will be obvious from the release notes or in the menus. Differences within a week build ("28" being the week in this case) are usually bug-fixes; they don't add features. It's conceivable that such a change could affect how well Autopilot handles particular situations, fix a phone-pairing bug, or the like, and so be user-visible in that sense, though.

• Informative
Reactions: Joey_82
I just checked, and 2019.28.3 is beginning to show up on TeslaFi, too. It looks like Tesla slowed or stopped pushing 2019.28.2 and earlier for some reason and have now started up 2019.28.3. (It's possible the trickle of new 2019.28.2 installs over the weekend are the result of cars that had downloaded it earlier than that, but the owners installed it over the weekend.)

Glad to see 28.3 now loading. Never got 28.2 or 28.2.5, but I'm glad I didn't in a way, given the reports of unhappiness with it.

Glad to see 28.3 now loading. Never got 28.2 or 28.2.5, but I'm glad I didn't in a way, given the reports of unhappiness with it.

Sometimes people get multiple updates within a weekly series. For instance, I got 2019.12.1, 2019.12.1.1, and 2019.12.1.2, all in the span of just six days. AFAIK, Tesla doesn't communicate what they're fixing with these within-week builds, but they usually seem to be bug fixes, so it makes sense that they'd try to upgrade people off of the known-buggy versions ASAP.