Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.28.2 (320fba0)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to some links by @jjrandorin I would say this statement should presently be qualified to apply only to the Model 3, which as a cost savings effort (? :D) seems to be giving all the cars the basic set of black paint option codes :)

Model S and X however do appear to be reporting if they have HW3 to Teslafi. They have 50 such cars in their fleet (all S and X, no 3s).

e.g. for 24.4 there are 28 AP3, but 0 are 3s, all S and X...

View attachment 437158

My HW3 Raven X (confirmed by codec) reports as HW2.5 in TeslaFI.

Got into my car this morning and had the notification. For some reason, it hadn’t showed up in the app. Delayed the install as I was heading to work. Started it once I got there at which point it told me to turn off Sentry Mode to install it. Did so and started the install again. Walked away and confirmed on the app the update was in progress. A short while later, I got a notification that the update had failed. Went to the car where that message was displayed plus the instruction to wait for a new update to be pushed to my car. First time this has ever happened to me after owning 3 Teslas. Anyone else? Have they perhaps pulled the update?

• Disagree
Reactions: Rachmaninov
Got into my car this morning and had the notification. For some reason, it hadn’t showed up in the app. Delayed the install as I was heading to work. Started it once I got there at which point it told me to turn off Sentry Mode to install it. Did so and started the install again. Walked away and confirmed on the app the update was in progress. A short while later, I got a notification that the update had failed. Went to the car where that message was displayed plus the instruction to wait for a new update to be pushed to my car. First time this has ever happened to me after owning 3 Teslas. Anyone else? Have they perhaps pulled the update?
My car updated normally yesterday. According to TeslaFI, the rate of installs of 2019.28.2 has slowed down quite a bit which could indicate that they have pulled the update.

happens sometimes which is why I NEVER do an update anywhere other than at home. I don't want to take the chance of getting stuck somewhere, however rare that might be.

• Helpful
Reactions: Magnets! and T-Mom
Just woke the car up with the app and also by going in it. After 2:15 hours (dual scroll wheel reset) - NADA, as of yet.
I'll be surprised if that works, but hey, I've been wrong before. The only way I can think that would work is if you are already in the queue and your car hasn't been able to acquire the download from the router for whatever reason. Never hurts to try it :) Good luck

The instrument panel display on 28.2 driving home this afternoon was very interesting, and did several things I didn't see on 24.4.

There's a construction zone on my commute where they have solid white lane lines for three lanes of freeway traffic. While I was in that zone, it only showed the lines of my lane. As soon as I exited the solid line zone, it snapped to showing four lanes of lines (an entrance ramp added a lane.) It pretty consistently showed all of the lanes when the lines were dashed, and accurately displayed the onramp lane merging into a wide lane to the side a couple lanes away and then narrowing.

It only showed the cars in my lane and the lanes next to me (though it shows a lot more of them than it used to when the angles make them visible.) However, as soon as I penetrated the middle lane during the automated lane change, the cars in the right lane snapped into existence and stayed stable - I think the car was tracking them but Tesla chose not to show them until they were less than a lane away to keep from confusing people.

Linking key to driver profile: I did this with my Pixel 3 phone key. My driver profile now shows up under the Pixel 3.

I tried to test this by moving my seat forward upon exiting the vehicle. When I came back to the car I was expecting the seat to automatically move back to the normal position, but it did not. What is the purpose of linking any given "key" to a driver profile if not to do this?

RT

Linking key to driver profile: I did this with my Pixel 3 phone key. My driver profile now shows up under the Pixel 3.

I tried to test this by moving my seat forward upon exiting the vehicle. When I came back to the car I was expecting the seat to automatically move back to the normal position, but it did not. What is the purpose of linking any given "key" to a driver profile if not to do this?

RT

I don't think it works that way (moving your seat still while still under your own profile).
Try switching to another profile, leave/lock the car, then upon unlocking it with your phone, it should go back to your profile and adjust the seat accordingly.