Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 75d vs 100d : decision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys! New to TMC. Placed order for new Standard Range (250miles) 2 weeks ago and still no VIN. Browsed over inventory list today and saw a LR (295miles) with same configuration (7seats with autopilot) for same price. Now I’m so torn if I should switch our order. Any thoughts on this? Should we get the better/ new powertrain SR or inventory LR?

we are having same dilemma. we don't really need the range for our use case, 6 mile daily commute, seldom have road trips. however bigger is better, even if you don't use it.

a fews days ago, the difference between a new order vs inventory was around 4k and at 4k price difference we decided to order the SR over an inventory 100D. today the difference is more like 10k-11k, which means the difference between a 100d inventory or a 75d new order, this makes it a much harder decision.

-new suspension, might be better or worse. most likely incrementally better
-new permanent magnet motor upfront. better range
-faster supercharging with new wiring. however, my understanding is that the SR battery if 75kwh would charge slower if it's a 350v pack vs the 400v pack of the 100kwh LR. UNLESS they are doing software lock on the SR and using a 100kwh pack. not clear on this.

Good choice. I did the exact same thing.
we are having same dilemma. we don't really need the range for our use case, 6 mile daily commute, seldom have road trips. however bigger is better, even if you don't use it.

a fews days ago, the difference between a new order vs inventory was around 4k and at 4k price difference we decided to order the SR over an inventory 100D. today the difference is more like 10k-11k, which means the difference between a 100d inventory or a 75d new order, this makes it a much harder decision.

-faster supercharging with new wiring. however, my understanding is that the SR battery if 75kwh would charge slower if it's a 350v pack vs the 400v pack of the 100kwh LR. UNLESS they are doing software lock on the SR and using a 100kwh pack. not clear on this.

Which one have you decided? Did you change your order to the inventory 100D?

We looked at inventory and considered a few but wife’s first choice is white on black 7 seat which is not available in inventory. We decided to change order to LR and pay the extra 10k but may go for inventory if one shows up. Even though I don’t think range is an issue for us, I really want to wife to have no regrets with this purchase.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
With the recent price adjustment on the inventory long range (-$9,500), I got the same configuration (6 seats, white premium interior) long range for the exact same price ($90,500) as my new order of standard range. Pretty happy with the deal, although I was debating whether I should keep my new standard range order with dynamic suspension and faster charging rate.

Reactions: candy_sr
With the recent price adjustment on the inventory long range (-$9,500), I got the same configuration (6 seats, white premium interior) long range for the exact same price ($90,500) as my new order of standard range. Pretty happy with the deal, although I was debating whether I should keep my new standard range order with dynamic suspension and faster charging rate.

Did you keep you new SR order or went ahead with an inventory 100D?

212513B8-8B01-47A1-B5A0-B104D7AF187A.jpeg

I have the information that the STD range will be a battery of 75 KW, even. information will not be limited by software. will be the 75 KW package. Look at.

Hi all- new to the forum and looking to get my first Tesla. What is the best way to check available inventory? I was chatting with a sales rep yesterday in store and he had a massive list, but when I try searching through the normal website, it only shows 1 or 2 cars?

Hi all- new to the forum and looking to get my first Tesla. What is the best way to check available inventory? I was chatting with a sales rep yesterday in store and he had a massive list, but when I try searching through the normal website, it only shows 1 or 2 cars?

Hey there! The people in store have access to more inventory vehicles online than what we see at Tesla’s website. Also, you can try calling the customer service line and speak to any inside sales advisor that may also help you get a really discounted MX (pre refresh models).

Hey there! The people in store have access to more inventory vehicles online than what we see at Tesla’s website. Also, you can try calling the customer service line and speak to any inside sales advisor that may also help you get a really discounted MX (pre refresh models).
Thanks - appreciate the quick reply! Will give it a try, and likely will have a few more questions!