Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 MS with FSD & FUSC (primary owner) question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if this has been posted or asked before
I'm in the process of buying a 2019 Model S from a private party.
Car has unlimited super charging tied to the original owner (code: SC05)
Car has Full Self Driving on it.
I called Tesla SA and they said the FSD stays with the car and it will get transferred to the 2nd owner (in this case me)
Same SA said the code SC05 means the FUSC won't get transferred to the 2nd owner. How or what can I do to make sure this also gets transferred?

...Same SA said the code SC05 means the FUSC won't get transferred to the 2nd owner. How or what can I do to make sure this also gets transferred?

Tesla makes the rules so you are at the mercy of Tesla to whether transfer those features to you or not. When Tesla says no, then I don't see how you can command Tesla to rewrite its rules.

Sorry, but FUSC that transferred to with future owners ended with cars ordered by Jan 15, 2017 and delivered by beginning of April 2017. No 2019 Model S is going to have free supercharging that transfers to a new owner. So in this case the information that Tesla provided you is totally correct. If the current owner is trying to tell you otherwise, then they are mistaken.

The option code for transferrable free supercharging is SC01, not SC05 or SC06.

If you're interested, you can find a listing of option codes various places, but on fairly complete list which I reference is here:

I've pasted in a snapshot below of the codes for supercharging.

1640893719831.png

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
SC01 disappeared a long time ago. I got SC05 as an incentive when I bought my inventory MS in June of 2019. I actually bought the car without knowing I had it, the phone sales guy told me it would be included, and he told me that my particular car already had the HW3 upgrade pre-installed, which it did. No one on this forum believed me at the time ha ha, but it was there.

SC05 terms were clearly stated in my sales agreement, too.

Reactions: shrini23
Sorry, but FUSC that transferred to with future owners ended with cars ordered by Jan 15, 2017 and delivered by beginning of April 2017. No 2019 Model S is going to have free supercharging that transfers to a new owner. So in this case the information that Tesla provided you is totally correct. If the current owner is trying to tell you otherwise, then they are mistaken.

The option code for transferrable free supercharging is SC01, not SC05 or SC06.

Nope the original owner is very knowledgeable and was clear. He told me that he currently has the FUSC but it cannot be transferred to the 2nd owner. He has graciously agreed enough to let me have it from the time of possession till I drive to my home which is a 1200mile journey. His car has the code SC05. I guess there's no way then for me to tweak in the backend to make it a SC01 from a SC05

Elon stated a good while back that as the company grew and sold more cars, FUSC was unsustainable. Looking at how the prices have increased for supercharging I can believe it. On the other hand they may have turned it from a perk to a profit center. 25 cents per kilowatt hour is 2x or more the going residential rate in Austin.

Nope the original owner is very knowledgeable and was clear. He told me that he currently has the FUSC but it cannot be transferred to the 2nd owner. He has graciously agreed enough to let me have it from the time of possession till I drive to my home which is a 1200mile journey. His car has the code SC05. I guess there's no way then for me to tweak in the backend to make it a SC01 from a SC05
So it appears you were well aware that it is not supposed to transfer yet were hoping someone here would tell you ways to violate the original purchase terms. I suppose you also realized that would likely be considered fraud??