Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 vs 2022 ac

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my 2022 M3LR for a few days now and I've noticed the ac doesn't work as good as my 2019 M3SR+. Both have the same black interior with the 2022 exterior being white, 2019 is black. I immediately notice the 2022 ac is very slow to start blowing cold air and it takes 15 mine to preciol my car midday vs 5 mins precooling with my 2019. I know the 2022 had the heat pump now so I wasnt sure if that impacted how the ac cools. So my question really is... Is my 2022 ac not cooling as well as my 2019 an expected normal behavior or should I be taking this into Tesla service? Has anyone experienced the same or can comment either way? Thanks!

Last edited:
I had a 2020 M3LR and now a 2022 so same comparison as yours. I cannot discern a difference in performance of the AC. Depending on how hot the batteries were, the system will send some coolant to the battery. Perhaps that played a role in your perception lately.

I had a 2020 M3LR and now a 2022 so same comparison as yours. I cannot discern a difference in performance of the AC. Depending on how hot the batteries were, the system will send some coolant to the battery. Perhaps that played a role in your perception lately.
Perhaps,I'll keep testing it. I just went on a 2hr drive and it seems to mix in warm air to set the temp whereas my 2019 would blast cold air at max fan until it reached temp, then it slowed down the fan. If this is how it works in the 2022 model, I'll need to set it to low and change the fan speed. Manually.

Last edited:
Make an appointment. I had the same issues and they replaced three sensors two times and then the compressor and supermanifold. now it cools and heats fast, but the climate-software is a mess. same on my 2019 without heatpump.

Reactions: SpGator