Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I know there are a few questions and posts about I didn't find anything current. I purchased a 2023 Model 3 in February. I live in Arizona and right now, yes, it is very hot. Temperatures about 117 during the day. My Model 3 is kept in the garage and is only rarely outside in the sun for any extended length of time.
Today, the AC stropped working and is only blowing hot air. I have tried rebooting the system and I also noticed the ambient temperature inside is hovering between 110 and 140(when parked in the sun). I do have the climate control set to turn on if the temperature exceeds 100 but either it is not working properly or again, it is just blowing hot air.

I am about to request service but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with a 2022 or later model 3 in hot climates like Arizona and if so, what was the resolution and cause? I find it hard to believe that this 5 month old car needs coolant recharging already. Is this the norm for Tesla in hot climates? Is there some other defect?

Reactions: beachmiles
my rear vents blow hot (esp after charging). Known defect per Scottsdale SC, said OTA fix (that was 2+yrs) . Front ones work fine. Good news in Glendale SC is pretty good. Maybe I'll take it there b/f my warranty expires.

I feel your pain though OP my son's sonata can't keep up with our 118+ temps when parked in the sun. (works fine at night).

• Informative
my rear vents blow hot (esp after charging). Known defect per Scottsdale SC, said OTA fix (that was 2+yrs) . Front ones work fine. Good news in Glendale SC is pretty good. Maybe I'll take it there b/f my warranty expires.

I feel your pain though OP my son's sonata can't keep up with our 118+ temps when parked in the sun. (works fine at night).
I have a model X and the AC cuts out (blows hot air) in hot weather. Once in <80 deg the AC works fine. Is this normal? How do TESLA owners in hot weather ( Arizona, etc) manage the hot weather w/o AC?
Bengee

It may be bad temperature sensors and/or it's just the cabin being heated when cooling is only desired due to longstanding HVAC code issues across all models. Setting the temp to LO is the only way to disable the cabin heat and force the car to only cool the cabin, you have to use the fan speed to control the cabin temp unfortunately in this mode but its better than wasting energy heating the air you are only trying to cool.

Last edited: