Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got this update recently and went on a short city-road drive today. I noticed two things that I have not seen before:

1) Going through a school speed limit zone, an additional speed limit sign appeared below the normal speed limit. It was shaped as a circle versus the normal rectangle. And there was an icon next to it that I could not make out. AP continued at the normal speed limit through the zone (the zone was not active - no flashing lights). Wasn't able to get a picture.

2) I got my first red light alert ever. And I tested my last version (2020.8.2) a number of times, coming really close to going through red lights..never got anything. This time, from what I can recall, I got the alert as the light turned from green to yellow as I was getting close to the light.

They are showing some love to hardware 2 and Mcu1 cars.

while the car car does not display traffic lights it does react to them. I was driving at 45 mph and heading to a stale green which went yellow. As I was thinking of applying the brakes the car sounded an alert and a red light appeared by the speed limit sign.
At another traffic light that was already red the car sounded the alarm and a lot of red appeared on the icu. There was a red brake peddle on the screen but there could have been more graphics.

Already reported this on the Dutch forum but there are some issues with this release:

- Ext4 and exFAT filesystems not usable with TeslaCam anymore for recording. exFAT still works for music media
- Tesla cam viewer cannot play back the "last" hour of footage. It only plays Saved events and Sentry events.
- Partial workaround: You can view the last 10 minutes by saving, all other footage can only be viewed on a computer

Too bad ext4 isn't working, it was the only journaling filesystem which resulted in not data lost if you removed the USB stick/drive.

Just clicked on the Software Tab and it started downloading :)

After it installed I did a few tests with Sentry, first time it knew there were Sentry events, but when I clicked to view them nothing was under Sentry. Took the drive to my computer and they were not on the drive at all? Ended up deleting all the sub folders (directories) and put back in car.

Did another test and Sentry events were viewable in Dashcam Viewer - woot!

RIP HAL 9000
Now the Eye of Sauron is watching you
IMG_20200411_105059.jpg

I’m usually early but haven’t received this update yet either. The wait is killing me even though I haven’t driven the car in ~10 days and probably won’t for another week. I just want something new to play with.
Go to your car and tap software few times a day. This will force the car to check for an update. Sometimes when the car is sleeping it won’t pickup new software until it checks in with the server and gets pinged for an update.

• Informative
Reactions: wjax
Go to your car and tap software few times a day. This will force the car to check for an update. Sometimes when the car is sleeping it won’t pickup new software until it checks in with the server and gets pinged for an update

Same thing happened to me multiple times. No update notification whatsoever on my phone, but when I then enter the car for a drive and go to the ‘software’ menu, the car obviously checks for an update and there is one ;). Could be a coincidence when this happened once, but I’ve had this happen multiple times now, so I guess @Soey22 might have a point that the car won’t check when asleep.

Go to your car and tap software few times a day. This will force the car to check for an update. Sometimes when the car is sleeping it won’t pickup new software until it checks in with the server and gets pinged for an update
Thanks. Did this last night and nothing happened but a few hours later I got it. Dash cam viewer is very impressive. Went to the beach and got a parking ticket for no front plate while I was there. Sentry mode picked up the officer writing the ticket which somehow made me feel better.

• Funny
Reactions: wjax and house9
Same thing happened to me multiple times. No update notification whatsoever on my phone, but when I then enter the car for a drive and go to the ‘software’ menu, the car obviously checks for an update and there is one ;). Could be a coincidence when this happened once, but I’ve had this happen multiple times now, so I guess @Soey22 might have a point that the car won’t check when asleep.
2020.12.5 I got the notification on my phone exactly at midnight of the public release day due to having a Performance Model with FSD as Tesla is known to update these models first. But with 2020.8.0, 8.2, and 8.3 updates I had to go into the car and check for software manually in the garage after it took almost 30seconds for the car to wake up.