Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.6 update...????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As noticed by others the max speed limit the car is set to when in auto steer/cruise control is same as the posted speed limit. It used to be 5 mi over before. Under Autopilot, we have to toggle "traffic light and stop sign control" ON. I noticed the car came to full stop at the red light just by enabling auto steer/cruise control ON.

IMG_20200425_200202.jpg

The red light thing seems to work, I swear it stops faster than a sitting car under the light sometimes. The red/green display is sharper and brighter in the UI. You do have to tap the gas pedal to make the car keep going. You do have to be careful with what's on the other side of the intersection. I had issues with lines disappearing on the other side of the intersection, car would just wonder and drive straight onto the curbs.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Got it today. As others have pointed out, it does not seem really all that useful to the driver (green light, should I stop? No.... green light, should I stop? No....green light, should I stop? No....green light, should I stop? No....)

...but obviously a good learning and data collection opportunity to make FSD better long term

Has anyone noticed their AutoSteer seems worse in 2020.12.6? I know with every release someone is claiming that... just seemed like my car was just less sure on AutoSteer

I would say this update is more for Tesla than us, but very welcome none-the-less from my point of view. At some point things should loosen up at green lights. Also, until automatic turning occurs, traffic control intersections are going to be mostly manual because if you turn too much or touch brake to turn everything shuts off, including cruise. The stop sign function is nice although I notice it stops 50 feet too soon on a particular downhill approach to a busy cross street near my home.

Reactions: Seth2020