Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This update kill anyone's vehicle? 2018 Model 3 AWD here. I'm away, clicked the buttons on the app for the update and noticed it never reconnected. Had my wife go and take a look and it's just dead. Doesn't appear to be charging, key won't let her in, it's not responding on the display when she attempts to use the handles, anything. :(

This update kill anyone's vehicle? 2018 Model 3 AWD here. I'm away, clicked the buttons on the app for the update and noticed it never reconnected. Had my wife go and take a look and it's just dead. Doesn't appear to be charging, key won't let her in, it's not responding on the display when she attempts to use the handles, anything. :(
Sounds like the 12v battery died.

Crazy if it did, it's not even 2 years old at this point.
I'm pretty sure is the 12v battery. I had exactly the same issues (keyfob not working, door handles not opening, Tesla app not connecting)
My MX Is a 2018 and Tesla Service Center already has changed my 12V battery twice, the first time in march 2019 and the second one also in march but 2020

I do wish there was some way to reliably obtain info about the safety of updates/etc.

There is one report here about sudden accelerations. I have no idea if that is an issue or not, but the update hasn't been pulled, which suggests that it didn't get reported to Tesla or wasn't found to be a problem.

Guess I'll just install it and see - after a few days I figure if anybody was going to die they would have done so already. I just try to check reports on software updates before installing them, and of course the vast majority of those without issues aren't going to say anything, and you have no way of validating what happened when people do post about issues...

Anyone having trouble getting your car to connect to WiFi? This particular download wasn't happy connecting to either my 2018 MX or my 2018 M3. I had to reboot the X and disconect/reconnect to my home WiFi to get it to connect and download. My Model 3 won't connect at all. I see the green check and the WiFi logo, but it's like the download app doesn't know it's connected. Have tried to reboot the car twice, my modem & Orbi once. Since it happened to both cars, is this related to the download? I also read somewhere that the cars need a 2.4GHz connection, but the 3 seems to be connected to the 5 GHz.

What are "SiriusXM improvements" ... I thought the Tesla no longer had SiriusXM ... sorry for the dim question.
Teslascope has been reporting these SXM improvements for the last couple updates, but I have yet to see it in my X and I have an active SXM subscription.

Attachments

• 4DCA85BE-D452-4E5E-916C-4C182D58FE45.png
    4DCA85BE-D452-4E5E-916C-4C182D58FE45.png
    427.9 KB · Views: 59
I don't know why I install these updates anymore. This one knocked back the autowipers to about a year ago and my car can no longer handle a road that I've been using to test it since I bought the car back in 2017. It could drive this road almost perfectly back in late 2018. And now summon won't work at all, .... Oh well, I have an appt. to install hardware ver. 3 in a couple weeks. I don't think they are writing these updates for ap2 anymore.