Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.28.5 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The release notes on this update are somewhat different for the MX...
BBC66C6C-7D6D-47AA-8A03-90D09C0F6348.jpeg

I just downloaded the update on my performance model Y. My full battery range displays 269 miles like before. The service advisor told me I need to stop charging it in small increments to 90% daily or else it will throw off the algorithm and that the displayed Range is just an estimate not actual miles lol

• Funny
Reactions: Sunshine State
I just downloaded the update on my performance model Y. My full battery range displays 269 miles like before. The service advisor told me I need to stop charging it in small increments to 90% daily or else it will throw off the algorithm and that the displayed Range is just an estimate not actual miles lol

So what is the recommended charge rate, 80%? Also is it ok to plug it in every night?

Thanks!

Yay, got the update, back up to my original mileage :rolleyes::( 280 miles at full charge... So much for 290 miles, maybe this was Tesla's way of solving battery degregation??

Will be interesting to see how this plays out now. Just hope I don't see any major degregation drops again anytime soon!

Phantom braking isn't random; it happens for freeway signs overhead (likely from strong radar return) and occasionally overpasses. If you have your foot over the accelerator when you approach these, you can override with a tap to the accelerator without a large jerk. Not an excuse for what the software should do on its own, but at least my wife let's me have it on if I'm on my game.

The car will brake for no reason while in Auto Pilot.

Fred

AP still drives like a learner permitee and stutters stops and starts, overreacts to other vehicles, pedestrians and shadows, but like that nooby driver, will improve God willing

Happened to my wife today and she doesn't want to use it anymore. We were going like 75 and it braked hard down to like 55-60mph.. not good

Reactions: rlasry1
Phantom braking isn't random; it happens for freeway signs overhead (likely from strong radar return) and occasionally overpasses. If you have your foot over the accelerator when you approach these, you can override with a tap to the accelerator without a large jerk. Not an excuse for what the software should do on its own, but at least my wife let's me have it on if I'm on my game.
But we shouldn’t need to. I have a 2018 Outback with Eyesight and it never has these problems. Thus far, Eyesight is way better than Autopilot.