Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Camber options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had to replace the tires on my Model X, which easily had 10K more miles before the wear-bars, but the inside was showing steel.

Alignment showed -2.4 rear left, -2.0 rear right. Factory spec states -1.5 with +/- of 1.0 - so just barely in spec.
Toe is showing -0.12 (which is out of spec.)

Is there any "factory" way to adjust the camber, or are my only solutions 3rd party control arms?

Just had to replace the tires on my Model X, which easily had 10K more miles before the wear-bars, but the inside was showing steel.

Alignment showed -2.4 rear left, -2.0 rear right. Factory spec states -1.5 with +/- of 1.0 - so just barely in spec.

Is there any "factory" way to adjust the camber, or are my only solutions 3rd party control arms?
What ride height was do you drive in and what height was it aligned at?

There is no way to adjust camber on the rear of the car, the factory arms are not adjustable. Purchasing adjustable control arms is the only answer. And, you may need to purchase adjustable toe arms as the factory arms have limited adjustment which may not be able to get the toe into spec after adjusting for camber. Then you need a quality alignment shop to align the car to a specific spec. My alignment shop says rear camber should be about -1. They checked my car and the factory was -2.0. That is what causes inner tire wear. As Ngng said there are several detailed threads on this subject including the optimum alignment specs.

Reactions: GasNah