Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 SR+ Range on App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New owner here and just got the latest Tesla App updated. So, the new charge screen on the app is now able to show the estimated range.

Just out of curiously, what does everyone's range is showing? I moved the slider all the way to 100%, and it's only showing 386KM (240Mi), not the 402KM (250Mi) promised.

Reactions: coconutboy84
New owner here and just got the latest Tesla App updated. So, the new charge screen on the app is now able to show the estimated range.

Just out of curiously, what does everyone's range is showing? I moved the slider all the way to 100%, and it's only showing 386KM (240Mi), not the 402KM (250Mi) promised.

I haven't heard of any vehicles that have been updated to the new 2020 EPA numbers yet. When exactly that will be done, or how it will be done, I have no idea. I think it will involve a constant change (with an improvement in efficiency through software - maybe), but perhaps they are making more of the battery available.

If it's just a constant change with no actual change in efficiency beyond the one pedal driving (I think this is doubtful since highway cycle results show significant improvement), then it would not actually matter how many miles you have (250 vs. 240 does not matter) - all that really matters is the energy available and the vehicle efficiency.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H

don't kill yourself with these numbers and good luck actually achieving an actual 250 out of the "tank". i've yet to find 250 miles of perfectly flat, zero headwind, perfect weather condition driving for me to get that number.

to me (as an owner), the range of the SR+ is more, "this will get me through the day", and less "let's drive 700 miles to NC just for the hell of it."

I haven't heard of any vehicles that have been updated to the new 2020 EPA numbers yet. When exactly that will be done, or how it will be done, I have no idea. I think it will involve a constant change (with an improvement in efficiency through software - maybe), but perhaps they are making more of the battery available.

If it's just a constant change with no actual change in efficiency beyond the one pedal driving (I think this is doubtful since highway cycle results show significant improvement), then it would not actually matter how many miles you have (250 vs. 240 does not matter) - all that really matters is the energy available and the vehicle efficiency.

It is interesting that people are getting the 2020 version of SR+ but are not seeing the 2020 EPA range yet. I was waiting to see what actually changed, but I guess we need to wait longer.