Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model X Driver Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently took delivery on a 2020 Model X (trading in my 2016). Having problems with the driver door & the auto close. The door sits too tight and will not latch by itself. When pushing it will go to about a half an inch from the latch, but it won't catch and auto close. Passenger door is just fine. They sent it to a body shop and they were unable to adjust it as well.

They compared to other new model x's on the floor. Some had the same problem. Others did not. They said it was due to the auto present feature that was changed in the new model year. I asked if they could call corporate to see if they were aware of this issue. The response was that they just had to monitor their internal forums and there was nobody they could call.

Really poor customer experience as they have washed their hands of the issue. They have had the car for 5 or the 7 days since I've taken delivery.

Others seen or experienced this problem?

Different problem with driver door. When approaching the car, door pops open 6”,and then after 10 seconds opens the rest of the way. Happens 90% of the time . Other 10% it opens normally.SC tried to tell me this is normal, but test cdrive car always opened normally. Ideas? New 2020 X with FSD

Different problem with driver door. When approaching the car, door pops open 6”,and then after 10 seconds opens the rest of the way. Happens 90% of the time . Other 10% it opens normally.SC tried to tell me this is normal, but test cdrive car always opened normally. Ideas? New 2020 X with FSD

this is normal. handy in places with a tight squeeze, especially when approaching from the front of car. it gives you time to walk past the door instead of it going all the way out and you have to push it close to get by, then opening again. if it doesn't sense anything nearby, it will swing all the way out.