Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 MY and NEMA 14-50 Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my M3P+ last week and found it weird that the nema 14-50 adapter was not included. I skipped the orientation so does anyone know where i can purchase the nema 14-50 adapter? I checked tesla.com but did not see it in the Model 3 section.

Thanks

I too am expecting delivery of a model 3 to Fairbanks.
How and when is all a black box.
My concern about charging goes to what I see as an error on the adapter order page:
Gen 2 NEMA Adapters
Pictured are 8 different adapters, and there are 8 columns in the description chart.
The last one looks like what Home Depot calls a 14-50 but it is listed as a 6-50.
Please somebody help me figure out which I want to buy.
The one listed fourth is said to be a 14-50 but it looks like a 20A 120V to me.

I too am expecting delivery of a model 3 to Fairbanks.
How and when is all a black box.
My concern about charging goes to what I see as an error on the adapter order page:
Gen 2 NEMA Adapters
Pictured are 8 different adapters, and there are 8 columns in the description chart.
The last one looks like what Home Depot calls a 14-50 but it is listed as a 6-50.
Please somebody help me figure out which I want to buy.
The one listed fourth is said to be a 14-50 but it looks like a 20A 120V to me.

Choose 14-50 on the menu at right side, then scroll down to see the adapter. NEMA 14-50 is the one round pin for ground and 3 flat pins for power.

upload_2020-2-17_11-43-38.png

@gcsmoore1, Alaska ! Cool. No, I mean not cool and in cold, I mean cool as in awesome.
You may be one of the first Teslas in Alaska. We don't hear much from anyone there.
I see you are new to TMC. Keep coming back that telling us about driving in cold temps of Alaska.
Welcome to the forum.

I have a spare 14-50 if anyone is interested. I bought it with the car at the dealer on advice from a friend (Tesla owner), but then ended up buying a wall charger instead to get the improved charging speed. Then I bought the $220 kit for traveling (who knows if I will actually ever use it though :D)

I'll sale for $30 with free shipping in lower 48 if interested.

I have a spare 14-50 if anyone is interested. I bought it with the car at the dealer on advice from a friend (Tesla owner), but then ended up buying a wall charger instead to get the improved charging speed. Then I bought the $220 kit for traveling (who knows if I will actually ever use it though :D)

I'll sale for $30 with free shipping in lower 48 if interested.

am definitely interested, car on the way, electrician coming out to install a 14-50, but no adapter as they’re sold out on Tesla.com. will happily PayPal you $30.