Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Q4 'M' delivery club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah my App went live pretty soon after, definately within 30 mins.

Now the car is dry i have picked up a Scuff on the Rear Light drivers side, have logged a service call for that, also my passenger camera isnt working, and autopliot unavailable. so only a couple of minor niggles.

ill go for another drive in the dark and will report back. at the moment the lights are on auto, but permanently on, i think due to the autopilot issue.. will see what happens later.

Isn't there a calibration period for the car to go through prior to autopilot being available? can be quite a few miles I gather.

I hadn't heard about that, but you're right, except about the distance being quite a few miles. This from the Tesla Autopilot support page:

How long does Autopilot take to calibrate before you can enable it?
Before Autopilot features can be used for the first time, cameras must complete a self-calibration process. Calibration typically completes after driving 20-25 miles, but the distance varies depending on road and environmental conditions. Contact Tesla if your car has not completed the calibration process after driving 100 miles.

It's possible that the failed camera will interfere with the process, of course.

I've noted there is only a hazard button on roof. I believe there used to be a SOS button, but SOS is now via screen only. Nothing else I can see to report that's not been covered I don't think!

That's a helpful change ... on existing cars you have to look up to make sure you don't press the SOS button instead of the hazards ... and the buttons are not marked with contrasting colours, just an imprint on the moulded plastic!

I hadn't heard about that, but you're right, except about the distance being quite a few miles. This from the Tesla Autopilot support page:

How long does Autopilot take to calibrate before you can enable it?
Before Autopilot features can be used for the first time, cameras must complete a self-calibration process. Calibration typically completes after driving 20-25 miles, but the distance varies depending on road and environmental conditions. Contact Tesla if your car has not completed the calibration process after driving 100 miles.

It's possible that the failed camera will interfere with the process, of course.

Yeah, im hoping it will all come to life after the calibration, but as i had to log the scuff, i thought i might aswell log the others too.

@Wuddie On another note, for the dash cam, the refresh has a USB in the glovebox, instead of under the phone dock. Is this a USB A or C? I'm assuming you can replace their USB with a larger memory SSD, just wondered what the connection was at the car side of things.

@Wuddie On another note, for the dash cam, the refresh has a USB in the glovebox, instead of under the phone dock. Is this a USB A or C? I'm assuming you can replace their USB with a larger memory SSD, just wondered what the connection was at the car side of things.
It's usb A,

Attachments

• 75654B30-D8E1-4DA7-8A27-1B61607A7E29.jpeg
    75654B30-D8E1-4DA7-8A27-1B61607A7E29.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: LA13