Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 SR+ Foglights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the 2020 SR+ does not have functioning foglights, not only that but what is there is actually just a dummy. The working foglights have 3 lights in them, an orange sidemarker, a long white accent light, and the foglight. The 2020 SR+ only actually has the led/wiring in the light for the orange sidemarker in the dummy housing. One the back of the functioning foglights they have a aiming screw for the foglights as well as 3 pins in the plug. On the functioning foglights the orange sidemarker is also connected to the white accent light so they are either both on or both off.

I swapped out my dummy foglights for a salvage set I got off ebay and just in just plugging them up I now had the orange light and accent light. Still no fog. In order to get the fogs to work I used a relay and ran power and ground from the battery and triggered off the orange marker wire to energize the relay and now have working foglights.

I do not have a way to turn them on/off separately but they now come on whenever the orange marker/accent would normally be on.

@Idkorcare did you have to take off the wheels to change the fog light component or just turning it worked? I’m buying a used one and I wanted to give it a try to enable the white bar :) Thanks!

I took the wheels off just to make it easier, if your just swapping them out it might be possible to do without taking the wheel off. but yea real fogs will enable the white bar. its powered by the same circuit as the amber marker

just unplugging the old ones and plugging up the new ones should work, if it was a used fog you could test it to make sure it didnt trip the fuse. there are 3 wires for the fogs,(i dont remember the colors or pins off the top of my head) center pin/wire is +12V for just the fog, one of the outer pins is ground for everything and the other is +12V for the accent light and marker. I think ground is a black wire.

FWIW I cut into the back of fogs and unplugged the marker but that should not matter.

So the 2020 SR+ does not have functioning foglights, not only that but what is there is actually just a dummy. The working foglights have 3 lights in them, an orange sidemarker, a long white accent light, and the foglight. The 2020 SR+ only actually has the led/wiring in the light for the orange sidemarker in the dummy housing. One the back of the functioning foglights they have a aiming screw for the foglights as well as 3 pins in the plug. On the functioning foglights the orange sidemarker is also connected to the white accent light so they are either both on or both off.

I swapped out my dummy foglights for a salvage set I got off ebay and just in just plugging them up I now had the orange light and accent light. Still no fog. In order to get the fogs to work I used a relay and ran power and ground from the battery and triggered off the orange marker wire to energize the relay and now have working foglights.

I do not have a way to turn them on/off separately but they now come on whenever the orange marker/accent would normally be on.

Do the dummy fog lights look like they have the fog light and white accent light bar? I was looking at mine last night and it looks like everything there ... unless they are just fake. Is this what your dummies look like?
upload_2020-2-20_10-37-18.png

Last edited:
Follow up question... you said that you just swapped out the dummy lights with some "Up-Level" units from ebay and the accent bar worked just plugging it in.

I thought that early SRs had the full fog light assemblies, but were software limited. I assumed that later SRs would have the same software that limited the functionality in addition to physically removing the lighting. If that must not be the case since yours worked when you plugged them in. Hmmm??...

• Informative
Reactions: Kimo
Yea from the front they look exactly the same. The orange marker is ties in with the white accent light. I could not make one come on without the other.

This is a dummy foglight TESLA MODEL 3 FOG LIGHT LED FOG LAMP 1077389 00 F LH OEM 18 19 20 2018 2019 2020 | eBay

this is real 2017 2018 2019 Tesla Model 3 Fog Light LED OEM Passenger Right RH 1077392-00-C | eBay

if you look at the back one has a fog adjust screw and the other doesnt

the foglight has a separate power supply, older SR+ had the full fogs Just

Follow up question... you said that you just swapped out the dummy lights with some "Up-Level" units from ebay and the accent bar worked just plugging it in.

I thought that early SRs had the full fog light assemblies, but were software limited. I assumed that later SRs would have the same software that limited the functionality in addition to physically removing the lighting. If that must not be the case since yours worked when you plugged them in. Hmmm??...

they have the same software limited functionality and up to the fog they are wired the same, the amber marker and white accent light are on the same circuit. The whole fog assemble works off 3 wires(ground, 12volt power for just the fog, and 12volt power for the marker and accent light).

Reactions: fritzner