Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 SR+ Foglights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020 SR+ here with the European clear reflector fog lights installed on my US spec model 3. I have some posts earlier in this thread from when I did the install. I never performed the wiring mod and just plugged in the lights.

With the latest Tesla over the air update my fog lights are now lighting up fully with the matching notification on the main screen. Still don’t have controls to turn them on and off but really happy they now fully light up.

Reactions: RPYT
With the latest Tesla over the air update my fog lights are now lighting up fully with the matching notification on the main screen. Still don’t have controls to turn them on and off but really happy they now fully light up.
Sexy buttons newest beta code will give you the button that works. :). Been using for a few months now on my 2019 M3 partial that I swapped in foglights. No mods to wiring just plugged them in. My Ingennext bonus module which I have had for a year or so would turn them on all the time.. no on/off.. The new buttons give me full control without needing the bonus module

Reactions: RPYT
2020 SR+ here with the European clear reflector fog lights installed on my US spec model 3. I have some posts earlier in this thread from when I did the install. I never performed the wiring mod and just plugged in the lights.

I just updated my fog lights. The strip just light up.

Which version firmware is your car running?

I'm currently on Version 2023.2.0.5

Which store did you get them from on Aliexpress?
I pieced my kit together. I bought the fog
Lights from “Car flashing the first store” on AliExpress and sourced the wiring harness from “Car fittings store” on AliExpress. If you don’t see a listing for the harness alone you can message them and ask. You can also use other style fog lamps such as the jewel eye ones.

I pieced my kit together. I bought the fog
Lights from “Car flashing the first store” on AliExpress and sourced the wiring harness from “Car fittings store” on AliExpress. If you don’t see a listing for the harness alone you can message them and ask. You can also use other style fog lamps such as the jewel eye ones.
Definitely like your combination better! Will look into it.

Sexy buttons newest beta code will give you the button that works. :). Been using for a few months now on my 2019 M3 partial that I swapped in foglights. No mods to wiring just plugged them in. My Ingennext bonus module which I have had for a year or so would turn them on all the time.. no on/off.. The new buttons give me full control without needing the bonus module

I’m currently trying to get this to work. I have a 23 model 3 with aftermarket fog lights with the gen2 wiring to headlights.

For your setup, did you splice the middle wire to the other wire on the stock fog light harness as some people did a couple pages back? I tried plugging in the fog light harness into the stock harness and my fog lights wouldn’t work at all. I would love to be able to use the s3xy buttons to control the fog light. Thanks.

Reactions: tegra7