Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.11.x Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. I got my model y on 9/24 and just like everyone here, I was waiting and waiting and waiting and nothing. Today right after I parked the car in my garage and it connected to my wifi, I switched the software update preferences from advanced to standard and in like 15 seconds I saw a green download arrow and it began updating. It got me 2021.36.5.5, i had the car on park with the driver door open when I pressed from advanced to standard. Not sure if today was my day or if that actually made a difference. Give it a try.
Mine delivered on 9-23 and I have been on advanced since. I didn't make any changes and my download started a couple hours ago.

I'm fairly disappointed actually. This version didn't give the FSD beta request button. I took it for a drive and it seems autosteer is acting a little odd, but I don't even know if there was anything related to autosteer in the update. I'll be testing it out a lot more tomorrow.
2021.36.5.5 does provide the FSD request button. Just got the update this afternoon and my APP shows the scores.
Didn’t have a lot of time to check out what else was new.

Attachments

• DD6F0479-9084-40BF-A6B9-E19E6EB96F63.jpeg
    DD6F0479-9084-40BF-A6B9-E19E6EB96F63.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 100
  • F9064560-A514-4D0B-B187-2B0B374BAD4A.jpeg
    F9064560-A514-4D0B-B187-2B0B374BAD4A.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 45
Apple. I am on FSD subscription.
Well, I just went out to check again and the button is now there??? It was updated a few hours ago. Maybe it just has to go to sleep and then wake back up before it appears. Someone at Tesla should write this stuff down so everyone can reference it instead of guessing as they anxiously await updates. My app isn't showing any safety score though.

Hi everyone. I got my model y on 9/24 and just like everyone here, I was waiting and waiting and waiting and nothing. Today right after I parked the car in my garage and it connected to my wifi, I switched the software update preferences from advanced to standard and in like 15 seconds I saw a green download arrow and it began updating. It got me 2021.36.5.5, i had the car on park with the driver door open when I pressed from advanced to standard. Not sure if today was my day or if that actually made a difference. Give it a try.
It's pretty standard that Tesla waits a min of 31 days before giving people an update. Looks like you had to wait a few extra days. From now on, you'll get them pretty quickly. I'd put it back to Advanced though.

Well, I just went out to check again and the button is now there??? It was updated a few hours ago. Maybe it just has to go to sleep and then wake back up before it appears. Someone at Tesla should write this stuff down so everyone can reference it instead of guessing as they anxiously await updates. My app isn't showing any safety score though.
Yay!!! 👍👍Mine didn’t show the scores either initially. I downloaded and installed around 2:00 pm. The app didn’t show anything at 6:00 when I opened it. I was just looking at it around 8:30 and the scores were there.
I agree, some documentation would be nice.

So funny, no update from 11.103 until yesterday, car since 9/9, then yesterday I get 36.5 and today I get 36.8 also, as far as I can tell I just get remote sentry cam to my phone at this point since I don't have FSD, will see, just thought it was funny to get nothing for so long then a double whammy :)

well it does not work, I get the message to see live camera feed, need to enable in settings... but nothing to change in settings. Also the microphone is not enabled or working from the app, yet enabled by the phone
yes iPhone is fully updated and app is latest available 4.2.2

Attachments

• IMG_1007.PNG
    IMG_1007.PNG
    250.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1008.PNG
    IMG_1008.PNG
    312.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
It's pretty standard that Tesla waits a min of 31 days before giving people an update. Looks like you had to wait a few extra days. From now on, you'll get them pretty quickly. I'd put it back to Advanced though.
Oh yeah as soon as I got I put it back to advanced lol. I also requested the FSD beta and updated my app so now it says it will show my safety score once I start driving.