Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.24.25.1 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David99

Supporting Member
Jan 31, 2014
Nomad (mostly US)
Just got and installed 2021.24.25.1 on my 2015 S70D with MCU1

Download was quick but install took almost an hour.

Release notes mention 'minor improvements for cold weather', 4 different languages added and keeping WiFi connection while in drive. That's it.

I did notices an increase in charge power at the supercharger. Compared to before it is now approx 10 kW higher across the board. I only charged to 80%. Not sure if/what the difference is above. Drove about 200 miles on it. Didn't notice any other differences.

After analyzing more data on my previous supercharging sessions, it seems the charge speed has not changed after al. I'm sorry for the false 'positive'. I initially only compared it to the previous charge session which was slower for some reason.

Reactions: wodnik7
I have it pending for me as well, same car and equipment but not in the States at all. Can you confirm that this new update 2021.24.25.1 does not clean up energy graph on IC? It’s been widely discussed before that Tesla decided to remove energy marks and numbers from the IC on MCU2 cars.

After analyzing more data on my previous supercharging sessions, it seems the charge speed has not changed after al. I'm sorry for the false 'positive'. I initially only compared it to the previous charge session which was slower for some reason.
Taking my like back. :D

Didn't notice any notes on 2020.48.37.8 regarding cold weather, but between the two both have the hotspot wifi option. At least you made it to a 2021 update. I sure Tesla has their reasons to still have updates in October with a 2020.XX.

Is this new 2021 sw version for MCU1 cars really that questionable that my previous announcement of 2021.24.25.1 been pending for my car has now been changed to download version 2020.48.37.8? I’m sure it was on the screens, both on car and on app but yesterday was surprised it’s changed to 2020.48.37.8. I tend to hold back on updates in the past.

Is this new 2021 sw version for MCU1 cars really that questionable that my previous announcement of 2021.24.25.1 been pending for my car has now been changed to download version 2020.48.37.8? I’m sure it was on the screens, both on car and on app but yesterday was surprised it’s changed to 2020.48.37.8. I tend to hold back on updates in the past.
Checking Teslafi there have not been any installs over the past few days of this one, so looks like they are quashing it, whatever that update had. Or, whichever select cars have it will be on it for a while to collect certain data? Interestingly it looked like a US only update (only 1 car on it outside of the US, and none outside of North America)

Whereas almost 50% of the AP1 Teslafi fleet is on 2020.48.37.8 (and most of the rest have MCU2, so are on a 2021 version)

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 5.16.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 5.18.42 AM.png