Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP here and since 2021.4.12 I have experienced 7-10 approx instances where the car won't unlock from phone and I need to pull out the key card to get in, or if I open the car with the App use the key card to start it - very annoying. For context in 9 months prior ownership this has happened only once and I think I had the App closed at the time (iOS on iPhone 12 Pro).
I have tried re-boot as well as closing App etc and it is still occurring.
Hoping this gets cleared on next update and am also assuming for now this is a software glitch.
There is a fairly recent updated version of the Tesla iPhone app. Might want to try it?

My wife is using an iPhone 12 Pro, and as long as she keeps the Tesla app running in the background, with "background refresh" on and "allow location access" set to always, no problems. And, of course, Bluetooth on.

Reactions: pkitch and GtiMart
There is a fairly recent updated version of the Tesla iPhone app. Might want to try it?

My wife is using an iPhone 12 Pro, and as long as she keeps the Tesla app running in the background, with "background refresh" on and "allow location access" set to always, no problems. And, of course, Bluetooth on.
Thanks for the tip, just checked and looks like the App quickly hopped from 3.10.10 to 3.10.11 which would seem actually to coincide approximately with my experience, I'll see if the new App version improves. To your points, yes I always keep the App open with both of those settings and as mentioned until very recently has been virtually 100% reliable. We'll see.

Hi,
I drive a Nov’ 2017 Model S 75D which is still running 2020.48.37.1
I asked Tesla to push the latest update but they said 2021.4 isn’t available for my vehicle.
Does this mean that I’ll not get further updates for my vehicle?

Hi,
I drive a Nov’ 2017 Model S 75D which is still running 2020.48.37.1
I asked Tesla to push the latest update but they said 2021.4 isn’t available for my vehicle.
Does this mean that I’ll not get further updates for my vehicle?
No. It just means there isn't an update currently available for your vehicle. I'm guessing you are still on MCU1?