Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MarcG

Oct 29, 2014
San Francisco
I was surprised to see 2021.4.12 downloaded to my M3P this morning, since I didn’t see it on the sites I usually track (Teslafi, teslascope, notateslaapp, etc.) and it’s been a long time - as in, years - since I was the first to get any new update (I usually get them a few days after first discovery).

So if you’re subscribed to Teslafi updates and received an email stating “Software version 2021.4.12 was just detected on a Model 3 Performance in California”, that’s me!

Anyway, the only thing besides the typical bug fixes are “cold weather improvements”, whatever that is. No sight of any “Download FSD Beta” button, sadly.

IMG_7982.jpeg

Last edited:

Silicon Desert

Oct 1, 2018
Sparks Nevada / GF 1
Thanks for the info. Another minor update. I guess I will pass on this one too.
But hey, you weren't the first. You might have been the first to be on a posted forum :) Yet, good that you got an early update.

Two-rocks

Jan 18, 2021
gone
2021.4.11 made my cold weather regen braking very wonky (and unsafe due to the variability from stop to stop - NOT from drive to drive where temp changes might have messed with it).

Matsayz

Jul 6, 2019
Las Vegas
What is "The Button"?
Elon mentioned in a Tweet that those who want to join the FSD Beta (like you’ve seen on YouTube) testing will be able to download the Beta via a “button” on the screen. This is because he’s a doofus and just tweets things and the customer service side of the house didn’t know ahead of time and they got SLAMMED by requests of how to join the Beta.

So, there’s going to be an update release and it’ll have a button you press and you will be able to then download the FSD Beta and let the car do city streets driving on its own.

Lamename

Jan 31, 2020
Glendale
I just got the 2021.4.12 earlier today also. But sounds pretty minor. My Y has FSD so I'm definitely eagerly anticipating The Button download hopefully soon. But this wasn't it.

Sep 10, 2017
Buffalo NY
Elon mentioned in a Tweet that those who want to join the FSD Beta (like you’ve seen on YouTube) testing will be able to download the Beta via a “button” on the screen. This is because he’s a doofus and just tweets things and the customer service side of the house didn’t know ahead of time and they got SLAMMED by requests of how to join the Beta.

So, there’s going to be an update release and it’ll have a button you press and you will be able to then download the FSD Beta and let the car do city streets driving on its own.
Allegedly.

• Funny
Reactions: Matsayz

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC