Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure why there is such a disappointment that there are no major changes in these releases... We all know that there has been a complete rewrite of the code-base and that this will be released when safe to do so. As with any software development, they will not add any new bells and whistles to the old code-base but rather only make bugfixes where it is improving safety. I'm happy to see this as that means that a majority of the resources are working on the next version rather than wasting time on the current software.

So, I think we all have to take a chill-pill and wait for the button and it's related SW. :)

Not only that, but they also are dealing with chip shortages and have explicitly said in the earnings call that they were able to be agile and find new providers of different components. They're probably writing drivers full time to deal with a hundred different combos of different chip suppliers to keep the assembly lines going.

The attitude of entitlement from this crowd is so bizarre - "Where's my heat pump retrofit" "Where's my pedestrian warning speaker so I can use this new software feature" "What's the easiest way to scam Tesla into keeping free supercharging". It's like they've never bought a durable good like a car before. You get what you bought. Enjoy the fact that sometimes you get cool new stuff, too.

Not only that, but they also are dealing with chip shortages and have explicitly said in the earnings call that they were able to be agile and find new providers of different components. They're probably writing drivers full time to deal with a hundred different combos of different chip suppliers to keep the assembly lines going.

The attitude of entitlement from this crowd is so bizarre - "Where's my heat pump retrofit" "Where's my pedestrian warning speaker so I can use this new software feature" "What's the easiest way to scam Tesla into keeping free supercharging". It's like they've never bought a durable good like a car before. You get what you bought. Enjoy the fact that sometimes you get cool new stuff, too.

the pedestrian speaker was supposed to be installed by law I think, I don’t have it but I’m not gonna go out of my way to get it...

I'm not sure why there is such a disappointment that there are no major changes in these releases... We all know that there has been a complete rewrite of the code-base and that this will be released when safe to do so. As with any software development, they will not add any new bells and whistles to the old code-base but rather only make bugfixes where it is improving safety. I'm happy to see this as that means that a majority of the resources are working on the next version rather than wasting time on the current software.

So, I think we all have to take a chill-pill and wait for the button and it's related SW. :)
Because they trashed our UI months ago and then walked away and went completely silent. If they had just left the UI in a good state and just done normal bug fix updates for the last 5 months almost nobody would be complaining.

What is involved to convert my usb music to streaming.

probably pay for Spotify.... I just say “Play Ghost” and then it play song by ghost and other heavy metal bands.... so if you only want to listen to your specific songs I think you can make a playlist on Spotify on a computer or maybe your phone and that will sync to your Tesla, but Tesla Spotify support is a little limited from what people say. Works well enough for me though but I don’t use any of the more advanced Spotify options I guess...

probably pay for Spotify.... I just say “Play Ghost” and then it play song by ghost and other heavy metal bands.... so if you only want to listen to your specific songs I think you can make a playlist on Spotify on a computer or maybe your phone and that will sync to your Tesla, but Tesla Spotify support is a little limited from what people say. Works well enough for me though but I don’t use any of the more advanced Spotify options I guess...
Tesla's spotify support is bad. I got my 18 TM3P- in Feb '21 and saw the built in spotify support. I got spotify premium because of my Tesla

I used it for about a week, and canceled it. There is no playlist support at all that I could find. It would only play your 'liked' list

Reactions: RNHurt