Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket yoke steering wheel in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Close to perfection, great, I like Aroham

Snipaste_2021-09-11_16-58-24.png

Reactions: Mr X and JaeTheDev
Just installed this and wanted to share so that others who might be considering could see it. I love how it looks and feels. Super high quality (actually all internals are OEM Tesla) and has the heating element.

Model 3/Y Yoke

Happy to answer any questions if you have any! Install took about an hour.
@BojangleGuy Just ordered one. With tax it came to $605 for the heated version. I hope it’s at least half as good as the Tesla one in my Plaid. I also hope the scroll wheels are the new Teslammetal design, and not the old rubberized plastic ones. Can you confirm?

@BojangleGuy Just ordered one. With tax it came to $605 for the heated version. I hope it’s at least half as good as the Tesla one in my Plaid. I also hope the scroll wheels are the new Teslammetal design, and not the old rubberized plastic ones. Can you confirm?
Did you order through the link I posted? If so just message the seller and specify that you want the metal scroll wheels!

Did you order through the link I posted? If so just message the seller and specify that you want the metal scroll wheels!
@BojangleGuy Yes, ordered via link provided. I messaged the seller about the "TOLDYA" discount code in the later video not working. Will ask about the metal scroll wheels. I assume, from your reply, the wheels you received were the rubberized plastic versions, yes?

@BojangleGuy I messaged the seller about the "TOLDYA" discount code in the later video not working. Will ask about the metal scroll wheels. I assume, from your reply, the wheels you received were the rubberized plastic versions, yes?
As long as you order through the link and your seller is “homie autoparts store” they can get you the metal wheels. And yes I did get the metal scroll wheels.

As long as you order through the link and your seller is “homie autoparts store” they can get you the metal wheels. And yes I did get the metal scroll wheels.
@BojangleGuy Yes, "Homie autoparts store" is the one and I have since messaged them. It appears the wheel won't arrive for a month, even though they have them in stock. I assume this is because it's coming from China, and has to be cleared and transferred at LAX. What was your actual flow time from order to delivery? Were you able to get a discount by posting the link and talking about their product here? I ask, because I got a reply to that effect when I inquired about the discount code not working. Thanks for sharing what you can about that, either here or via PM.

bleh. it may 'Look cool' but not while you're driving it. Can't hang your hand from the top of the wheel, that looks cool. Did someone say family?
i can't imagine getting used to a yoke for daily driving.
Have to try it to know for sure. Think about motorcycles, bicycles, PWCs, aircraft and many others. They don’t use a round wheel for steering. I think you can adapt to anything if you are a fast learner. If your are not very coordinated I would imagine it may take a while. We all are not perfect, we are only human.

I’m not trying to single anyone out, but I do find it interesting & surprising how any person who actually owns/drives a Tesla can be so closed minded about a yoke steering wheel.

It’s one thing if you’ve tried using a yoke for a few weeks and simply decide it’s not for you. But to immediately form a strong opinion and dismiss it simply because of some preconceived notion seems a bit odd for a Tesla owner. I would expect that type of behavior & reaction from someone who has never driven a Tesla.

I kind of equate these folks to the same people/doubters who thought the Model 3 would be a huge failure due to Tesla putting all the driving information/input/controls on a single touch screen positioned right in the center of the vehicle, instead of directly in front of the driver. These are the same folks who thought it would be dangerous to drive a Tesla because the driver would have to turn their head to the center to see information, instead of keeping their eyes & focus directly in front of them. I think we all know how that turned out… Teslas are pretty much the safest vehicles on the road and they can’t build/ship Model 3’s and Y’s fast enough to meet demand right now.

Last edited:
Well I've bought a Yoke steering wheel... I've been a registered Advanced Driver for 32 years for cars and motorcycles, and ride motorcycles on and off road. Been a keen car enthusiast for years with nitrous oxide builds, race circuit training, santa pod etc

Have absolutely no problems adapting to a Tesla, and I'm very interested to see how I get on with the yoke steering wheel.

Mainly because I'm seriously considering a new Model S Plaid next year. So this result might just save me £120,000 😁

better doublecheck, in germany it is not legal as the steering wheel needs to be TUV approved or smth.
UK regulations mean that a car’s steering equipment could be anything – a wheel, a joystick, a handlebar or Tesla’s unusual new flight yoke – and still remain legal, providing the system can be used to maintain control of the vehicle and meet UK MOT standards for excessive play or movement.

“The regulations relating to steering equipment (UN-ECE Regulation 79) does not stipulate any shape or size of the steering wheel.”