Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my LR and a number of issues on delivery: passenger door not aligned and not closing properly, turn signal error, scratch on paint and driver seat makes a noise every time you put weight against the back. Pretty long list for a new car. Additionally it must have sat outside for a while. There is a film on the windshield I have not been able to get off even after multiple cleanings.
Ouch. Really sorry to hear that. Declined or Tesla just has a long service request?

I just received my LR and a number of issues on delivery: passenger door not aligned and not closing properly, turn signal error, scratch on paint and driver seat makes a noise every time you put weight against the back. Pretty long list for a new car. Additionally it must have sat outside for a while. There is a film on the windshield I have not been able to get off even after multiple cleanings.
Film on the inside or outside, or cannot tell?

Outside. Lots of what looks like watermarks. Used soap and water and really scrubbed but no luck. Any thoughts?

This works pretty good. Also works on PPF as well.

Hate to ask, but do you have any photos? Curious all around.

Outside. Lots of what looks like watermarks. Used soap and water and really scrubbed but no luck. Any thoughts?
Ugh--sorry to hear that. Here are a couple of things to try:

Simple:
  • Mix a 1:1 solution of white vinegar or fresh lemon just and water, spray on and let sit for a few min, then agitate and rinse of
  • Sometime, WD-40 can work--I know it seems counter-intuitive, but the alcohol can help dissolve the film
A bit more work/cost:
Finally, this will work, but you have to be super, super, super vigilant about the dwell time (how long this sits on the glass) otherwise it will etch your glass--try the other stuff first:
This stuff is great for getting water spots off glade or paint, but need to follow the instructions

Good luck and let me know if you have questions.

Ugh--sorry to hear that. Here are a couple of things to try:

Simple:
  • Mix a 1:1 solution of white vinegar or fresh lemon just and water, spray on and let sit for a few min, then agitate and rinse of
  • Sometime, WD-40 can work--I know it seems counter-intuitive, but the alcohol can help dissolve the film
A bit more work/cost:
Finally, this will work, but you have to be super, super, super vigilant about the dwell time (how long this sits on the glass) otherwise it will etch your glass--try the other stuff first:
This stuff is great for getting water spots off glade or paint, but need to follow the instructions

Good luck and let me know if you have questions.
Thanks for the ideas will give a try tomorrow

This is a shot of the windshield And error messages I tried a reboot and power off on the turn signal the I
right one blinks fast but it looks like the lights are working. May just be software.
1C177B06-2542-4C44-A892-E71A460B281E.jpeg
BABEA3F7-2108-4773-972C-CEF2AF038223.jpeg

This is a shot of the windshield And error messages I tried a reboot and power off on the turn signal the I
right one blinks fast but it looks like the lights are working. May just be software.
View attachment 688206View attachment 688207
That is odd, hard to tell what it is--could be sprinkler overspray or the like (is the paint also spotted?). TBH, I'd try the simple suggestions (vinegar, WD-40) on a couple of test patches, and, if those do not work, open a Service ticket and have Tesla detail the car or pay for a detail--you shouldn't get a new car in this condition.

Reactions: croman and cwanja
What are the 3 digits in your VIN after MF? I’m wondering if you got a car from the lot of misfit toys..
No kidding. Pretty shocked even for Tesla. Funny part is I spoke to operations manager during hold and told him I would check car out. He said they had gone over it in detail and there was no issues. Additionally they dropped it off and there is no way the delivery person did not see the turn signal error. I loved my other Tesla and generally had good experiences. Will be fine if they resolve it is a reasonable time however I suspect they will need a new driver seat and that may take a while.

What are the 3 digits in your VIN after MF? I’m wondering if you got a car from the lot of misfit toys..

No kidding. Pretty shocked even for Tesla. Funny part is I spoke to operations manager during hold and told him I would check car out. He said they had gone over it in detail and there was no issues. Additionally they dropped it off and there is no way the delivery person did not see the turn signal error. I loved my other Tesla and generally had good experiences. Will be fine if they resolve it is a reasonable time however I suspect they will need a new driver seat and that may take a while.
That’s a good question. What’s those digits and what is the date of manufacturing in the drivers side door jam?

I posted in the software thread, but this one is more appropriate. We have now had the rear screen stay on every time I have taken the kids out of the car and twice when my wife went for an evening joy ride. I have tied the issue to plugging in the charger.

When my wife went for a drive last night and parked in the garage, everything turned off as it should. I plugged the charger in 10 minutes later and the rear screen kicked on.

The good news is I have a workaround that has been successful every time. Unplug the charger, get in the car, buckle up, put the car in gear, put it in park, unbuckle, get out, close the door, plug the charger in, lock the car via the app.

A couple of the steps mat not be necessary, ie. put it in park then unbuckle instead of just unbuckle or lock the car manually instead of letting it lock automatically, but this is what I have had success with and consistency is key to any successful sequence.
You tried rebooting already?