Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same problem. It's like the car is "too asleep". If I approach when it has been active very recently (like minutes ago), they present. Otherwise, I have to poke them to get them to come out. By the way, interior "dome" lights don't come on when opening the door, either, if the door handles didn't auto-present, but do come on if the handles worked.
Same thing here. I also chalk it up to “too asleep.”

• Funny
Reactions: impastu and cwanja
Yes doing it right now.
Doing it again today. Also lowers my 80% set charge by whatever it won’t charge to 100% by (in this picture’s case 1%, which I can then manually increase to 80% at which point it charges to 80%), and the amperage by 1A (which I can increase, too). So weird! No idea if it’s cooler-weather related or a glitch in the 2021.36.5.1 software.

Attachments

• 5700103F-65BC-4308-85A5-FFFD0C494EAA.jpeg
    5700103F-65BC-4308-85A5-FFFD0C494EAA.jpeg
    427.6 KB · Views: 65
Doing it again today. Also lowers my 80% set charge by whatever it won’t charge to 100% by (in this picture’s case 1%, which I can then manually increase to 80% at which point it charges to 80%), and the amperage by 1A (which I can increase, too). So weird! No idea if it’s cooler-weather related or a glitch in the 2021.36.5.1 software.
Mine doing the same. I think this is a mobile app glitch. I always set charging level to 90% and it drops itself to 89%. Same with Amperage, but happening only when I choose all 48A and it drops itself to 47A

I thought probably WC makes this thing since It had an overheating problem. 2 days ago I got a replacement from Tesla and the same story. I'm sure the mobile app is not perfect.
Yeah but when I went to the car I couldn’t drag it to 100% either when it misbehaved (as I recall) though I may have had the app open at the same time which might have overridden the car, now that I think about it…

Reactions: impastu
When we first got our X, we had to relocate where we hung out keys inside the house because the fob was originally close enough that it kept waking up the car.
What I did was get a key holder box with a faraday cage. I actually got one because some savvy car prowlers used some kind of repeater to get into my Subaru a couple years ago.

What I did was get a key holder box with a faraday cage. I actually got one because some savvy car prowlers used some kind of repeater to get into my Subaru a couple years ago.
👍

We ended up getting a metal bowl that goes on the kitchen counter--the metal attenuates the signal enough and was deemed aesthetically acceptable by the boss.

Yeah I’m totally enjoying it by not driving it so that I don’t get dinged on my safety score and hopefully get FSD by the end of the week. Lol. Owning a Tesla is unlike anything else…
I probably (definitely) missed this - how did your battery pack replacement go? Range improve? Did you update and lose your DynoMode? And if so, did they tell you how to get to it in the latest update?

Reactions: impastu
I probably (definitely) missed this - how did your battery pack replacement go? Range improve? Did you update and lose your DynoMode? And if so, did they tell you how to get to it in the latest update?
Pack was indeed replaced (finally got the car back last Friday). Range is now perfect and behaving as expected after a long drive/discharge and subsequent charge. Tesla did have to update the car and I did lose DynoMode. Sad.

They also replaced my driver’s side tail light (for the poor charge port range issue for unlocking it with the charger button), but no improvement there to range. Still have to be basically touching the charge port door with the charger wand to have it open when pressing the button. 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

Considering Tesla noted the issue before authorizing a replacement tail light, you’d think they’d have noted there was no improvement! Just…I need to know when to pick my battles with Tesla, I guess…

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: impastu and cwanja