Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pack was indeed replaced (finally got the car back last Friday). Range is now perfect and behaving as expected after a long drive/discharge and subsequent charge. Tesla did have to update the car and I did lose DynoMode. Sad.

They also replaced my driver’s side tail light (for the poor charge port range issue for unlocking it with the charger button), but no improvement there to range. Still have to be basically touching the charge port door with the charger wand to have it open when pressing the button. 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

Considering Tesla noted the issue before authorizing a replacement tail light, you’d think they’d have noted there was no improvement! Just…I need to know when to pick my battles with Tesla, I guess…
Mine opens from nearly 3’ distant. Seriously, it’s quite far.

Reactions: impastu
Yep. Mine is borked. I have to be basically either touching the charge port flap with the wand for the button to make it open, or pointing to the left of the charge port up to maybe 2-3 inches away and then it will open. Mild annoyance.
Same issue. I'm doing a little hand dance right, left, up, down, to the left, to the right, well screw it! Push on the port door to open.

IIRC, I vaguely recall reading way back in the thread that there were reports of the antenna being installed upside down and causing the issue.

Ok, that was enough inspiration to just add this to the list of things to check out on my next appointment. Lowest priority however.

Reactions: impastu
Same issue. I'm doing a little hand dance right, left, up, down, to the left, to the right, well screw it! Push on the port door to open.

IIRC, I vaguely recall reading way back in the thread that there were reports of the antenna being installed upside down and causing the issue.

Ok, that was enough inspiration to just add this to the list of things to check out on my next appointment. Lowest priority however.
Oh? Hmmm. I’ll be interested as to whether that is the fix. Having had the whole tail light replaced I can unequivocally say that was not the issue.

X posted on MS issue page...

Accidentally left my MS LR 2021+ in the driveway overnight and it dipped below 32 last night. This morning no screen would turn on.

I was able to move the car using the center console buttons, but the rest of it didn't come alive for hours after i parked it in the garage.

Anybody else see anything like this before?

Accidentally left my MS LR 2021+ in the driveway overnight and it dipped below 32 last night. This morning no screen would turn on.

I was able to move the car using the center console buttons, but the rest of it didn't come alive for hours after i parked it in the garage.

That’s not normal.
If it does that again I would schedule service.

Reactions: GroovaEV

I ran into something similar just one time, where I got in the car and none of the screens turned on, and had to use the buttons under the wireless chargers to shift gears. Everything came back on the next time I got back in the car. Hasn’t happened again. Chalked it up to a computer glitch. Otherwise have and the screens randomly reset, but comes back on quickly.

3 issues with my car picked up today ignoring some of the glue on the rear quarter panel by the lights. Need to book an appointment, hopefully they don't trash my PPF which is getting applied before that appointment. 2 body panel issues in the wheel arches and 1 trim inside the wheel well needs adjusting/securing.

Attachments

• 4E4B58F5-4588-4B31-83D3-E7353F11801B.jpeg
    4E4B58F5-4588-4B31-83D3-E7353F11801B.jpeg
    424.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 152F9E9F-562C-4898-9ECE-28E28DEC53F5.jpeg
    152F9E9F-562C-4898-9ECE-28E28DEC53F5.jpeg
    368.3 KB · Views: 82
  • B585DE35-DE9D-4291-89BD-158D6B1FE7C4.jpeg
    B585DE35-DE9D-4291-89BD-158D6B1FE7C4.jpeg
    536 KB · Views: 84
3 issues with my car picked up today ignoring some of the glue on the rear quarter panel by the lights. Need to book an appointment, hopefully they don't trash my PPF which is getting applied before that appointment. 2 body panel issues in the wheel arches and 1 trim inside the wheel well needs adjusting/securing.
I highly recommend pushing out your PPF before having that bodywork fixed. Tesla is known to be a bit curmudgeonly about such things.

I highly recommend pushing out your PPF before having that bodywork fixed. Tesla is known to be a bit curmudgeonly about such things.

Point one. Agreed. Wait as solution might involve new PPF.

Re point two. My Service Center slightly tore PPF on my quarter panel when replacing a faulty repeater. It was microscopic—could only see it if you touched car with your nose. They were stand-up about it, reported it, and offered to pay for replacement. Says a lot.

Sigh...went to take someone out for some launches today and got these two error messages. They are "green", so the car seems like it should be drivable until next month, which is the soonest service appointment. I think my car is getting back at me for 3 weeks of granny drives to get my safety score up.

EDIT: error codes in notifications are DIRER_a103 and DIREL_a103

IMG_0094.jpeg
IMG_0095.jpeg

Last edited:
The third shot I can't discern issue, but those first two are amateur hour. wtaf. how does that crap get through the fab and assembly process?

Reactions: jm404 and jebinc
Sigh...went to take someone out for some launches today and got these two error messages. They are "green", so the car seems like it should be drivable until next month, which is the soonest service appointment. I think my car is getting back at me for 3 weeks of granny drives to get my safety score up.

View attachment 730487View attachment 730488
you're not the first to post this in TMC, but apologies I can't recall where I saw previous...and don't recall if there was a post with resolution.

Edit: Found this from @N0sferatU

Last edited: