Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People so eaily throw around "lawyer up", etc.. @WilliamG should be aware that if you take the combative legal route, you will likely become persona non grata to Tesla and they will decline to sell you another vehicle.
Well, the Lemon Law exists for good reason; as many manufacturers fail to do the right thing on their own. Also, those that “lawyer up” may just want the check and not another Tesla. I’m also not sure that a manufacturer can “retaliate” in that fashion when a person is exercising their rights under the law. Seems like another legal issue for them, if they did.

I don’t think Tesla would “black-ball” someone who has met the lemon law threshold and was just exercising their rights under the law when Tesla “failed to perform”. YOMV; where “O” stands for Opinion.

I don’t think Tesla would “black-ball” someone who has met the lemon law threshold and was just exercising their rights under the law when Tesla “failed to perform”. YOMV; where “O” stands for Opinion.
It depends on the situation, but at least one person that lemon'ed their car had their replacement order cancelled and told they were put on the deny list. So it does happen. They also put people on the deny list if they sell a car too quickly after buying it. (The order agreement has a "no resale" clause.)

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and cwanja
People so eaily throw around "lawyer up", etc.. @WilliamG should be aware that if you take the combative legal route, you will likely become persona non grata to Tesla and they will decline to sell you another vehicle.
lol. Hey I'm the last person that would "lawyer up" in most situations. But this situation definitely calls for an escalation.

@WilliamG do you even want another tesla at this point?

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
hvac is blowing warm air for sure there is no doubt since my feet feel warm it is only the side of right thigh and again it could be from feeling the air circulation caused by the hvac. i should drive with hvac off on high way to compare
Since it has gone below 0 here I have also noticed this on right thigh. It’s seems to be LCD screen gets very cold and holds the cold longer than anything else in the cabin. On longer drives it goes away. Short drives doesn’t.

Reactions: impastu
The defroster button blows warm air on the windshield. There is a separate windshield heater button.
The defroster button has two functions. Blue (first press) is defogging so it is an airstream at about the same temperature as cabin air and you can feel the vents on the far left and right of the dash activate to defog the windows and pressing again it goes red, temp goes to HI and it blows hot air like he!! out of the windshield vents. The other button that looks like a wiper on a windshield is the wiper heater function that heats the wipers and shuts off automatically after 15 minutes. What is the separate windshield heater button ?

The defroster button has two functions. Blue (first press) is defogging so it is an airstream at about the same temperature as cabin air and you can feel the vents on the far left and right of the dash activate to defog the windows and pressing again it goes red, temp goes to HI and it blows hot air like he!! out of the windshield vents. The other button that looks like a wiper on a windshield is the wiper heater function that heats the wipers and shuts off automatically after 15 minutes. What is the separate windshield heater button ?

Itvis at the bottom center next to heated steering wheel button.

Since it has gone below 0 here I have also noticed this on right thigh. It’s seems to be LCD screen gets very cold and holds the cold longer than anything else in the cabin. On longer drives it goes away. Short drives doesn’t.
Wondering, are your vents open at the end of the console for rear passengers? Does the console feel very cold? Inside storage compartments?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 4.55.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 4.55.49 PM.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 90
I guess we do not have a true heated windshield. Every car has a blower on the windshield - I hope that is not a heated windshield by Tesla dictionary. Might as well say the display screen is heated - it has warm blowing on it. So are the door handles and seatbelts.
I have never had a car with a heated windshield. Did Tesla actually do cars with electrical heating elements in the glass ? That being said, there are electrical heating elements to defrost the camera bay up top and centre. I am wondering if pre-heat pump cars needed to electrically defrost the windshield because there was no heat source except for the element heaters for cabin heat. Dunno. My interpretation of that button is that it melts the ice off your wipers if you are getting buildup or if they are iced in down in the well prior to startup.

I have never had a car with a heated windshield. Did Tesla actually do cars with electrical heating elements in the glass ? That being said, there are electrical heating elements to defrost the camera bay up top and centre. I am wondering if pre-heat pump cars needed to electrically defrost the windshield because there was no heat source except for the element heaters for cabin heat. Dunno. My interpretation of that button is that it melts the ice off your wipers if you are getting buildup or if they are iced in down in the well prior to startup.
My last few cars had heated windshield and it is nice.

I was just going off one of Tesla's undelivered advertised items.

lol. Hey I'm the last person that would "lawyer up" in most situations. But this situation definitely calls for an escalation.

@WilliamG do you even want another tesla at this point?

I think so? I mean... for the most part these issues are yes - the car has problems, but mostly the Service Centers have issues. I mean I look back over all my problems and for example, - the High Voltage Battery pack. I had to fight for months because the Service team just were just turning the other cheek on the obvious problems. And then, when the car was in for that to be replaced - it took 10 days to do so. Why? Why does it take 10 days to replace an HVB which should be one day/possibly two, when the parts were in! And then for the safety restraint problem... car goes in for what should be one-day service, and they somehow blew the inverter in the front motor, somehow install the wrong inverter, and then have to do it all again - my car in service for over a month. Why? And then this airbag situation, very much the final straw with the service team - NOT the car.

All of these problems should be addressable quickly and painlessly by a service team that can do their job quickly and efficiently. And if parts are holding things up, how come Tesla is still delivering cars with these parts? Their focus needs to move to service, but it won't - because it doesn't help feed the bottom line.

Anyway, this was escalated up the chain today. I received a call from Service and they're coming out late today - same day(!) (profuse apologies all around) to make sure the airbag is safe. My buyback request is also being expedited etc etc, - so hopefully a response this week. I'm still suffering a bit of PTSD from yesterday, which is sad. I keep imagining that airbag exploding while not secure. Gawd...

My patience is running thin at this point (I've been more than patient, as many of you know), so it really would be in Tesla's interest to get this buyback going.

I hope you get the buyback approved @WilliamG. What you have went through is way beyond unacceptable. BTW are you specifically referring to the SoDo SC (this is my "home" SC)? Have you been to any other SCs, and if so, has the level of service been any different? Might have been worth seeing if Bellevue has their *sugar* together vs. SoDo.

I hope you get the buyback approved @WilliamG. What you have went through is way beyond unacceptable. BTW are you specifically referring to the SoDo SC (this is my "home" SC)? Have you been to any other SCs, and if so, has the level of service been any different? Might have been worth seeing if Bellevue has their *sugar* together vs. SoDo.

It was SoDo who did the airbag recall, but Bellevue (bizarrely) that called me to apologize and have service out to me today.

My last few cars had heated windshield and it is nice.

I was just going off one of Tesla's undelivered advertised items.
Wow, your post got me searching around. Never knew heated windshields existed (with the wires and all). That said, I think it's kind of a non-issue with the windshield defroster being so powerful - just kick off the defrost in the app 5-10 minutes before you need to leave, and you're usually good to go.

I think so? I mean... for the most part these issues are yes - the car has problems, but mostly the Service Centers have issues. I mean I look back over all my problems and for example, - the High Voltage Battery pack. I had to fight for months because the Service team just were just turning the other cheek on the obvious problems. And then, when the car was in for that to be replaced - it took 10 days to do so. Why? Why does it take 10 days to replace an HVB which should be one day/possibly two, when the parts were in! And then for the safety restraint problem... car goes in for what should be one-day service, and they somehow blew the inverter in the front motor, somehow install the wrong inverter, and then have to do it all again - my car in service for over a month. Why? And then this airbag situation, very much the final straw with the service team - NOT the car.

All of these problems should be addressable quickly and painlessly by a service team that can do their job quickly and efficiently. And if parts are holding things up, how come Tesla is still delivering cars with these parts? Their focus needs to move to service, but it won't - because it doesn't help feed the bottom line.

Anyway, this was escalated up the chain today. I received a call from Service and they're coming out late today - same day(!) (profuse apologies all around) to make sure the airbag is safe. My buyback request is also being expedited etc etc, - so hopefully a response this week. I'm still suffering a bit of PTSD from yesterday, which is sad. I keep imagining that airbag exploding while not secure. Gawd...

My patience is running thin at this point (I've been more than patient, as many of you know), so it really would be in Tesla's interest to get this buyback going.
"Anyway, this was escalated up the chain today."
Did you find out if Tesla has District Service Managers, and did you talk to them??

Had the dreaded “rear drive inverter failure” at 60 miles. I can’t believe it, so bummed out.

Had it occur in the middle of a busy intersection. Towed the car after sitting there for 60 mins. My whole family was with me to make matters worse.

I noticed a few others had the same issue.

Been at the shop for two days and I’m sad all that new car smell is getting wasted in their garage.

Any tips from those who have been through it??