Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- the level of volume on a phone call is way lower than the level playing music so I listen to music at 4 then phone conversation at level 7?
- does the included USB stick need to be formatted to use it for record?
One thing I noticed is that Bluetooth audio volume seems to be controlled by both the car and the Bluetooth device, not like in some systems where the car controls the volume entirely or is linked to the phone volume control with AVRCP or whatever does that.

They told me at pickup I would need to format the USB drive but that seems not to be true.

Ive had my new LR for two days and heres is my list of issues

-when I try to open up the owners manual the screen locks up
- I cant get my iphone to show its messages on the screen
- occasionally when streaming music the song skips (probably just cell reception)
-when i pull into my garage the charging door wont open with pushing the button on charger unless either I manually open it with app or I lock the doors? (Im probably doing something wrong here)
- on freeway with auto pilot on the auto lane change doesn’t work when I turn on turn signal
- the level of volume on a phone call is way lower than the level playing music so I listen to music at 4 then phone conversation at level 7?

anyone else?
Autopilot does not change lanes. You need to pony up $10K for that feature now.

Reactions: croman
Good thread. My issues so far:
- something loose and rolling around in the passenger door
- rattle from dash
- condensation inside taillight
- driver side window glass is warped, feels like I’m cross eyed when looking out

All easily fixed I think, and otherwise the car is a gem! Anyone else see any of these?

Also is anyone else deciding to skip ppf? I’m on the fence, I’ve never done it before, not sure on the value since it costs just as much to fix the ppf as it does to repaint bumper or hood in a couple of years?

Seems this app phone key issue is not new. No response on the thread indicating it was resolved. 😭

Ah there's an issue. How do you initiate auto park (like pulling into the garage)? Manual is unclear. With my 2016 I park, take foot off brake, tap park button twice, then select direction.
I don't have the new S 😀

Regarding your second point about auto park with your 2016 - I can't even remember the last time I used Auto park on my 2016 , I've forgotten how it even works lol

Ive had my new LR for two days and heres is my list of issues

-when I try to open up the owners manual the screen locks up
- I cant get my iphone to show its messages on the screen
- occasionally when streaming music the song skips (probably just cell reception)
-when i pull into my garage the charging door wont open with pushing the button on charger unless either I manually open it with app or I lock the doors? (Im probably doing something wrong here)
- on freeway with auto pilot on the auto lane change doesn’t work when I turn on turn signal

anyone else?

Do you have FSD? If not, no lane changing.

The charging door won't open without the car being unlocked. The Tesla charging unit can open the charging door by pressing the button on the charger.

Some of the integrated dash USBs seem to not work for sentry from reports. You might need Tesla to give you a new one.

Reactions: electricar