Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have thousands of miles on fsd, I can barely think of one drive where it wouldn’t have crashed or damaged my car. It’s awful. , horrible! you have had this success in Florida??? I can’t….. slash wont don’t believe it.
maybe when i get it working again the newer version will be better. That’s been the idea and lies for years already.
I don't let it handle any turns, and it manages that fine. Highways and local divided highways are good. It is actually quite a bit better at highway driving than AP right now.

Reactions: Duke846
Is that the normal FSD or the FSD beta?

There's only FSD beta. There's no normal FSD. I have 11.3.6 (2022.45.15) with the merged single stack for highway and local roads on my Plaid model S. I currently have a '23 Model S loaner with EAP running 2023.12.5. I can confirm that EAP / regular AP is markedly worse at line following, phantom braking, swerving, etc, on the highway than my Plaid with FSD.

Now, I don't know if that performance improvement will be equalized when they bring the merged stack to all cars, but for now, it's a nice improvement.

I wouldn't say it is $10k better (what I paid), but it's a nice improvement. If we could get to level 3 autonomy where it can drive without my attention on major highways under certain conditions, I would call that a win. That would dramatically improve long car trips, if I could read a book or watch a movie while on long highway trips.... I don't think level 5 will be possible anytime soon or ever with the current hardware.

There's only FSD beta. There's no normal FSD. I have 11.3.6 (2022.45.15) with the merged single stack for highway and local roads on my Plaid model S. I currently have a '23 Model S loaner with EAP running 2023.12.5. I can confirm that EAP / regular AP is markedly worse at line following, phantom braking, swerving, etc, on the highway than my Plaid with FSD.

Now, I don't know if that performance improvement will be equalized when they bring the merged stack to all cars, but for now, it's a nice improvement.

I wouldn't say it is $10k better (what I paid), but it's a nice improvement. If we could get to level 3 autonomy where it can drive without my attention on major highways under certain conditions, I would call that a win. That would dramatically improve long car trips, if I could read a book or watch a movie while on long highway trips.... I don't think level 5 will be possible anytime soon or ever with the current hardware.
Agree with all of this.

How is FSD going to save your life? Are you talking about the collision avoidance features of FCW, AEB and OAA? If so, those come with autopilot. Not to mention removing the radar meant that anything that can impact the cameras, lessens their effectiveness. Radar did a lot better at judging distances.

As for trying FSD, I did. I wouldn't give them a dime for it. I drove thousands of mile on FSD and AP on the same routes. There is almost nothing FSD offers me over AP that I value. Thank God I only subscribed rather than pissing my money away on it. If it was really a lot of value, you'd see that reflected in the resale value of cars. FSD depreciates faster than a 2021/2022 Plaid.

Not just my opinion but that is what the used car market thinks of it. Not to mention why many here call it "Fool Self Driving". If it could actually be full self driving, with no input, I'd drop the 15k in an instant.

If it works for you, great! Glad it does for some subset of the owners. EAP would get me most of what I would use anyway. It it was $3k, I'd probably drop the money. If I am going to drop 15k, I'll buy the CCB (carbon ceramic brake) kit and get some real value for my money.
At least 3 squirrels, a turtle, and a bird have been saved by Beta. I didn't see them and would have him them (maybe), but Beta acts like a child is entering the road...unless there's a car coming the other way.

It will never get to this. It hits anything (debris on the road). Sometimes it even fights you because it wants to hit that retread semi truck tire or that dead deer, shoot I believe it even aims for potholes !!!! This is programmed in autopilot so tesla can make a quick buck on repairs.
Not even close to my experience with Beta since 11.3.4. It actively avoids things often.

• Love
Reactions: unk45 and KidsEyeDr