Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, so noticed a few things:
  1. No car wash mode yet
  2. No ANC, at least not explicitly noted in the release notes
  3. Can't get autopark to work (also, autopark was not noted in the release notes)
Anyone on 2021.24.3 able to get autopark to work? I guess one person on YouTube has gotten it to work but on 2021.24.2 and here's what it's supposed to look like:

Same here :/ Also, none of the dashcam or quick access to energy/distance features others listed...

Same here :/ Also, none of the dashcam or quick access to energy/distance features others listed...
What a joke. The Plaid/LR is the flagship Tesla vehicle, but, as a public company, they focus on the mass produced, high volume vehicles. Maybe they should have just used the 3 and Y UI interface, rather than a bastardized alpha version of v11.

I picked up my LR today and within 6.3 miles the car failed and had to be towed back to the service center. It all started with a loud banging and shaking from the rear motor, and then the warning messages that the vehicle was shutting down. Any others???
@Kyle [CK] So sorry to hear you had this experience. Keep us current on the cause. Perhaps you can have them keep the car and get you a new unbroken one?

Reactions: Ramphex
I have another car on order, they do know that as well. I am hoping I don't have to be a pain, but I agree its a shame!!
Tesla has a no return policy, because of abuse of their prior policy. But in any case, if you have a loan it probably isn't even practical. You, or Tesla, would have to pay off your loan and apply for a new loan for the new vehicle. (Almost no banks let you do a substitution of collateral on a loan.)

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Welp, my car just had a pretty bad software error this evening. I wanted to see if I could push the update to my car by getting into it and going to the software portion of the car app. It said no update available, but it said it last checked on August 16, at 8:04pm, which is a bit weird. So I did the two-scroll-wheel reboot. It rebooted, and showed me the patch notes for the version I'm already on 2021.12.4.9, which I thought was a bit weird...

It was at that point that I realized the car had wiped EVERY setting. I mean everything. User profiles, car name, music settings, BT connections, WiFi settings, trip meters, navigation data, - and best of all - navigation entirely! Yep, I have no nav now at all, saying I need service. WTF, Tesla. All my key cards now show as "unknown" with a "key" icon rather than the standard "card" icon (I can't see to fix that either). I'm also not able to even connect to the car from the app at all.

So yeah, awesome...

Attachments

• 1629257951711.jpeg
    1629257951711.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 1629257973583.jpeg
    1629257973583.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 1629257987791.jpeg
    1629257987791.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 1629258000194.jpeg
    1629258000194.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Informative
Reactions: Tigers
Couple new issues noticed:
- Whistling sound from AC when fan speed set to 6 or higher.
- Also AC doesn’t seem to cool as well when car is parked, blows non-cooled air (this is common in ICE cars, but hasn’t been an issue with my old Model X).
- Phone app doesn’t seem to want to connect to the car when car is asleep (just shows “Waking up” with spinning circle). I have to walk over to the car to wake it with the key before the app will connect and update car’s status.

Reactions: WilliamG
It was at that point that I realized the car had wiped EVERY setting. I mean everything. User profiles, car name, music settings, BT connections, WiFi settings, trip meters, navigation data, - and best of all - navigation entirely! Yep, I have no nav now at all, saying I need service. WTF, Tesla. All my key cards now show as "unknown" with a "key" icon rather than the standard "card" icon (I can't see to fix that either). I'm also not able to even connect to the car from the app at all.
Yay that bug is still out there?! Almost a year and Tesla cannot figure it out. There were first reports of this bug in late November last year, happened to several Reddit users (myself included in January) and then hear spotty reports of it since. Essentially what happened to you - seems like something is going on, so you reboot it and boom - factory reset your entire car. Sucks. It is awful.

Tesla engineering, through mobile service, said they were "aware of it" in February.

Anyone having issues with the side mirrors flipping down when shifting into reverse? They kinda flip, but inconsistently--trying to figure out if it is a SW issue or I should call service.
i had the exact same issue on my Model S Performance 2020 they changed the mirror but it kept happening. Sold my car in June so its not happening again lol :).

Last edited: