Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been able to test drive both the 19” tire and the 21” tires to determine if the 19” are really discernibly smoother and quieter than the 21’s. I’m trying to decide whether it’s worth switching to the 19” but I have not been that disappointed with the 21’s but have no way to compare.

Reactions: impastu
Has anyone been able to test drive both the 19” tire and the 21” tires to determine if the 19” are really discernibly smoother and quieter than the 21’s. I’m trying to decide whether it’s worth switching to the 19” but I have not been that disappointed with the 21’s but have no way to compare.
Someone on the main thread got one of each. Let me see if I can find them.

Here you go Wiki - Model S Delivery Update @eddiemoy

Reactions: impastu
Thanks all for the quick feedback. And yes I meant to say yoke not yolk (autocorrect strikes again!). And good to know about the creep mode and that the stitching issue has been reported. Hopefully they can just replace it immediately as I suspect repairing it will take forever.
Update - SC is replacing my steering wheel for the stitching defect - have to wait until end of month for them to receive the part. Hoping the worm might be gone too!

Reactions: impastu and cwanja
Update - SC is replacing my steering wheel for the stitching defect - have to wait until end of month for them to receive the part. Hoping the worm might be gone too!
The worm is not part of the steering wheel. I would think it is unlikely that they would replace the airbag at the same time unless you brought the worm up as an issue.

What does Service say about that?
What's Tesla saying? Are they going to do something with it?
They tell me they’re working on it, having me charge the car now to 90% to monitor things on their end. It’s annoying they seem to have no clue. I’ve had the car a month now and have barely enjoyed any of it. Severe range anxiety on top of other annoying issues with the car. Just stinks.

What does Service say about that?
What's Tesla saying? Are they going to do something with it?
Update. Car stopped charging at 86%, contactors cycling on and off. I stopped the charge and over 12 minutes the car’s display SoC kept creeping up to 100%! Insane!

I checked dynomode again today and it shows my full battery as 82kWh… The other day I checked it was 90kWh.

Also interesting the dynomode data suggests my car is sitting at 88% SoC but the car’s “regular” percentage is showing 100%! What a mess…

Attachments

• 6B553166-774F-4BCA-ADB7-33EAFA22D2BE.jpeg
    6B553166-774F-4BCA-ADB7-33EAFA22D2BE.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 66
  • A24C2749-F9FB-4637-B71E-A4B0379C3A9C.png
    A24C2749-F9FB-4637-B71E-A4B0379C3A9C.png
    818.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Informative
Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Also interesting the dynomode data suggests my car is sitting at 88% SoC but the car’s “regular” percentage is showing 100%! What a mess…
Actually I think it is saying you have bricks that are at a SoC between 88% and 100%. (Notice it is a MIN/MAX SoC.)

It has to stop charging as soon as one brick reaches 100%, then it bleeds that brick off to try to bring it inline with the others. I think you would have to have the details for each individual brick to figure anything more out. (Is it just a temporary imbalance, or do you have one or more bad bricks.)

Actually I think it is saying you have bricks that are at a SoC between 88% and 100%. (Notice it is a MIN/MAX SoC.)

It has to stop charging as soon as one brick reaches 100%, then it bleeds that brick off to try to bring it inline with the others. I think you would have to have the details for each individual brick to figure anything more out. (Is it just a temporary imbalance, or do you have one or more bad bricks.)

Interesting... That data isn't available in dynomode is it? Maybe I should leave the charger plugged in and see if it can balance things out...

Reactions: bhzmark and impastu