Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, it's complicated...

When I got the car, I went to LA (from Bay Area) so I charged the car to 100% for the long trip. Back then (that's a few weeks ago), it was showing 375 miles of range, as expected. Since then I wasn't paying attention as I set my car to show %, not range. I did the range thing for the LA trip out of curiosity.
This morning, I go into the car and I see it's charged at 100%, even though I always keep the slider to 90% to preserve the battery's longevity. I guess a software bug or something, but I sure didn't set it to 100%, as I only do this before long trips and I have no long trips coming now.
So, I figured - oh, let's check the range at 100% again and switched to mileage display instead of % display... and boom - 345 miles :(
I use the mobile charger that came with the car, but with NEMA 14-50 adapter connected to a 240V outlet, so I charge at 8kW/h every night.
Here is a screenshot of what I have now 👀 Slider manually re-set to 90% (the car set it to 100% last night without me realizing it).

One more thing - I recently got the 2021.12.25.5 update, so maybe it's software related...although regen breaking was non-existent this morning, in leu with expectations of a fully charged Tesla. Which software version do you have?
My battery each night charges to 313 miles @ 90%

Reactions: Zaker89
Now that I’ve had my Plaid for a week, I have to say that Tesla really stepped up their game with paint and the fit and finish is much better than my 2019 Model 3 Performance. The car isn’t perfect:
- rear passenger door is slightly misaligned, needing noticeably more force than the other doors to close
- the drivers side mirror gets shaky (like many others have reported)
- my trunk liner isn’t secure/popped up on the left when facing the bumper

Overall I love the car despite the terrible delivery experience.

Now that I’ve had my Plaid for a week, I have to say that Tesla really stepped up their game with paint and the fit and finish is much better than my 2019 Model 3 Performance. The car isn’t perfect:
- rear passenger door is slightly misaligned, needing noticeably more force than the other doors to close
- the drivers side mirror gets shaky (like many others have reported)
- my trunk liner isn’t secure/popped up on the left when facing the bumper

Overall I love the car despite the terrible delivery experience.
That's good news. I need better stock return so by then, I'm hoping these small issues will be addressed. Can service realign that door for you?

Reactions: Zaker89
Odd thing I noticed this morning with the phone key. My S needs to be the current car in the phone app for the phone key to work. If my X is the current car, my S will not unlock--I have to open up the app, make my S current and then it unlocks right away. This is my first Tesla that uses a phone key, so not sure if this is expected behavior or not.

Odd thing I noticed this morning with the phone key. My S needs to be the current car in the phone app for the phone key to work. If my X is the current car, my S will not unlock--I have to open up the app, make my S current and then it unlocks right away. This is my first Tesla that uses a phone key, so not sure if this is expected behavior or not.
I think I it is. Read about similar issues with people who have multiple 3s or 3 / Y combo.