Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone gotten their HomeLink to work successfully? 75+% of the time it starts to open my garage and then closes it again a second later. It’s so annoying! No issues with my HomeLink 2019 Model 3 for 2.5 years, and now I have to bring a garage door opener in the car again… 😞
Mine has been perfect. Do you have yours set to work automatically based on location? I don't, since my model 3 once tried to close the door on top of my wife's model Y that was only partially into the garage while being unloaded...

Reactions: DrJ and Sbaimo
Has anyone gotten their HomeLink to work successfully? 75+% of the time it starts to open my garage and then closes it again a second later. It’s so annoying! No issues with my HomeLink 2019 Model 3 for 2.5 years, and now I have to bring a garage door opener in the car again… 😞

No problems so far. Did you try adjusting the distance to auto open/close?

No problems so far. Did you try adjusting the distance to auto open/close?
Mine has been perfect. Do you have yours set to work automatically based on location? I don't, since my model 3 once tried to close the door on top of my wife's model Y that was only partially into the garage while being unloaded...

I’ve tried all those things. I even turned off location-based, and manually do it. It still misbehaves. I even re-taught the car the opening, and it still doesn’t work right. It does sometimes, but over 50% of the time it does the double press, essentially, even when sitting right outside the garage door. Driving me nuts. I’m still on 2021.12.4.9, mind you. What version are you on?

I’ve tried all those things. I even turned off location-based, and manually do it. It still misbehaves. I even re-taught the car the opening, and it still doesn’t work right. It does sometimes, but over 50% of the time it does the double press, essentially, even when sitting right outside the garage door. Driving me nuts. I’m still on 2021.12.4.9, mind you. What version are you on?
I presume it works perfectly in your 3? If that's the case, we can't blame the opener itself...

I had posted this in the delivery update thread, but thought I should post here in case it could help someone that isn't following that thread. Plus, I've included a few more photos in this message. .
I was coming from a Model 3, so I sort of knew what to expect. But I didn't expect this many issues!
But otherwise, the car is an absolute blast and a beast!

Photos of some of the cosmetic issues attached.

Protip - When doing the inspection, you should also take pictures. We had the Tesla rep take at least over 10 photos of issues and then found out before we left that we need to take pictures ourselves again and submit a service request. Note that the service request only allows for 5 photos per issue, so you may need to merge a couple photos into one.

Some notes:

I've tried to remove the marks on the console material unsuccessfully.

That black portion on the bottom of the wireless front wireless charger is rough/scuffed up.

I also have a small dent in the front interior dash grill, but I'm letting that go as I can live with it. (compared with everything else)

Looks like they had tried to use some touch up on one side, near where the front hinge is, near the windows, but the other side (pictured in 3rd photo in, is worse and without any touch up paint)

VIN# 435xxx

Does anyone else have the same issue of the paint being scratched off here shown in the photo? (Near the bottom of the windshield on each corner. Not visible if frunk closed)
One side looks like it's just lightly covered with touch up paint and the other side (pictured) is not. I'm just trying to pick my battles to minimize how long my car will be in service and ensure I get the most important issues resolved.

Attachments

• signal-2021-07-29-151807.jpg
    signal-2021-07-29-151807.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 148
Does anyone else have the same issue of the paint being scratched off here shown in the photo? (Near the bottom of the windshield on each corner. Not visible if frunk closed)
One side looks like it's just lightly covered with touch up paint and the other side (pictured) is not. I'm just trying to pick my battles to minimize how long my car will be in service and ensure I get the most important issues resolved.
Not exactly the same, but I have a similar mark near my upper right trunk hinge. The car is aluminum so I’m not worried about rust, but I think this is not that unusual with Tesla trunks / frunks unfortunately.

I have this issue--it seems like it sends the signal twice--I feels like it has gotten better

I'm hoping they get some software bugs fixed for sure and production issues. In reading on Facebook it seems new owners over last month have encountered things like: (examples copied)

• Picked it up today and the touch screen “stalk” doesn’t work properly and theater mode is totally white.
  • My cameras took 250 miles to calibrate, one tire pressure sensor died, and there’s a squeak behind the screen.
  • passengers cannot open their doors once the driver door is shut.
  • my stability, auto steer, regenerative braking is all disabled on mine
  • ... but it had 4 scratches in it. It took them a month to repaint.
  • front window camera mount is misaligned and need to be replaced.
  • dead fobs in a week (software issue)?
  • ...+ all the other issues in here and missing software features
I had the issue with the stability, auto steer, regenerative braking, and traction control all disabled. Did they inform you of what was wrong? They've had my car for about three days and have been troubleshooting, but have zero clues as to what is causing this issue.

I have an issue as well, I can see the home link signal from the icon shooting off twice/ three times and making the garage door open and close. I have tried tapping the home link icon with light/ quick presses and It has helped somewhat, but there is something definitely going on with the software.

Reactions: WilliamG
I believe Apple uses mp4 are just a file format, but there could be multiple codecs with the same file format, including a lossless codec. Do you know if Tesla supports Apple’s lossless codec?
Meant to reply to this--I put off testing the various options until FLAC is working. I assume it is not an explicit design decision, but it will comedown to whatever library they chose to use.

As a quick follow up to this I tested some WAV files and as expected quality is much improved without compression loss of other media types. This makes me feel like hardware wise nothing is wrong with the sound however there is certainly an oddity potentially in software. Even with the WAV files there is some combination of events that occurs where the sound degrades to what sounds like front speakers only enabled. It remains stuck like this until swapping audio inputs or I found if I go to the advanced speaker sound orientation settings and slide it around front to rear and left to right and then set it back to centered it sticks. Wonder what makes it loose the centered setting.
I was thinking about this a bit more. Did you try this with "immersion" turned off? I dislike using DSP for creating multiple-channel effects because you end up with oddball effects, this might be one of those cases.

Reactions: croman
Anyone else having issues with the main 17" going dark? Holding down the two buttons (I've tried 30 seconds, and two minutes) on the steering wheel reboots the driver screen, but the main screen will stay dark for hours sometimes. My car is in a detached garage with poor connectivity, but I have had this happen while out driving as well.

Part of me is sad I don’t have my car yet, but part of me is happy that it might be because they’re working these hardware and software issues out before delivery. I sold my 3 Performance a little over a month ago. Absolutely was in love with how it drove and the general layout, but it had the classic Tesla rattles and build quality issues. I ended up taking apart both doors, dash, center console, back seat, seatbelt holders, and more to tighten up what should have been done from the factory.

Reactions: Dayreg