Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks all for the quick feedback. And yes I meant to say yoke not yolk (autocorrect strikes again!). And good to know about the creep mode and that the stitching issue has been reported. Hopefully they can just replace it immediately as I suspect repairing it will take forever.

Reactions: impastu
Another

As an early model Y adopter I experienced a number of new model issues that eventually required a buyback from Tesla. Although it was very frustrating with the initial repeated service visits, the process ended up being very easy and Tesla was very accommodating. I just emailed my case and outlined service issues to
[email protected]
I received a response about a week or so later and Tesla worked out a buyback plan. I basically sold the old one back and picked up a newer model Y and no problems since. As many have stated on this site, probably not the best idea to be the beta tester of a new Tesla model. The excitement can certainly cloud judgement …I’ve learned the hard way once and still check this site daily and my ordering page for delivery information on my refresh model s. Tesla…it’s a helluva drug.
I appreciate the email. Because I ordered so early, I got $2K off of FSD and $2k off of the price, and the car has since increased $10K. So we are talking $14k and another $2k for window tinting etc. I have done. I hardly believe they are not going to want to charge me the new pricing. Was there any price increases on your Y in the interim and did they give you the same price?

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Hey all.
Question about ambient light. Does your decor trim on doors having ambient light at the bottom line?

Attachments

• 1424F268-553B-443D-8F44-5BCF6FA8EE44.jpeg
    1424F268-553B-443D-8F44-5BCF6FA8EE44.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 94
No - the ambient lighting is some LEDs on the underside of the armrest.
And the footwell lights. There are lights both front passengers and rear passengers for feet. I did notice my driver’s side is much dimmer than the passenger side (up front), but not sure if that’s intentional or not. If not, I’ll add it to the laundry list of things wrong with my car.

Reactions: cwanja and impastu
I have an issue where the HVAC fan (I think) is running hours after the car has been parked (and not plugged in). The fan noise is coming from the rear edge of the hood by the front wind screen. I also have high vampire drain.

Does anyone else have this? Is it tied to a SW revision level?
your high vampire drain may most likely be attributed to leaving sentry mode turned on while at home. I had the same issue… on days when I don’t use my car at all I used to lose around 1% per hour… now that I turned off sentry mode at home only, it reduced the vampire drain significantly

your high vampire drain may most likely be attributed to leaving sentry mode turned on while at home. I had the same issue… on days when I don’t use my car at all I used to lose around 1% per hour… now that I turned off sentry mode at home only, it reduced the vampire drain significantly
Sentry mode is off and there is no USB storage allocated to the dash cam.

No - the ambient lighting is some LEDs on the underside of the armrest.
Thank you. I was doing some adjustments for the door's trim and the panel on the dashboard between the yoke and driver's side and found 2 interesting moments.

Door trims have bulbs and glass tubes for ambient light but as you have noticed too they are don't light up. Behind mentioned panel above there is the blue connector that doesn't go anywhere but has a label on it that says "light engine". I brought it to the service adviser's attention and will see what they will say. I thought probably due to lack of parts my car has been missing that "light engine"

Thank you. I was doing some adjustments for the door's trim and the panel on the dashboard between the yoke and driver's side and found 2 interesting moments.

Door trims have bulbs and glass tubes for ambient light but as you have noticed too they are don't light up. Behind mentioned panel above there is the blue connector that doesn't go anywhere but has a label on it that says "light engine". I brought it to the service adviser's attention and will see what they will say. I thought probably due to lack of parts my car has been missing that "light engine"

Probably stuff that got cut. Like the passenger display that’s there in the Roadster prototype.

Photos?

Thank you for digging. Way back when, when we saw all the mules running around, it always seemed like there was an electrical connector for that top trim panel--wonder if its another one of those OTA features.

Reactions: cwanja and impastu

I suspect that similar to the motor for the adjustable front display, it was removed at the last minute by Tesla. Perhaps someone will figure out a way to power these bulbs down the road, as that would be cool.