Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my plaid today, woohoo! However, I took the software update that adds XM (eh, shitty audio quality) and “bug fixes” — and lost all settings after the update. Worse, now navigation is unavailable and says it needs service!!

Is anyone here aware of a workaround? Do you really have to go to the service center to get this fixed?

Reactions: impastu
Also noticed that since the update, the Tesla app can no longer see my car, and voice commands don’t work. The active alert says “UI_a010 – Navigation unavailable – Service is required”

You're not the first one with this issue. I have no suggestions however, besides filing a service ticket. Something is broken with the software update process for whatever you had to the current.

(Maybe this is what is holding up delivery of cars for the CA bunch with VINs but no car)

732390CA-0D7B-4625-A51C-67026E8DF886.jpeg
On the rear camera, is the shadowing in the upper corners normal? I have nothing to compare to!

View attachment 716583On the rear camera, is the shadowing in the upper corners normal? I have nothing to compare to!
Yes, normal. I thought that was the limit of the small, round lens projecting into the rectangular sensor, but maybe like hotsoup mentions, it is merely the top of the trunk overhang, especially since it only happens on the top.

Last edited:
I can see that it would be UNLESS all those errors make make your car un-drivable or in the service center longer than if you had just waited. 🤨🧐🤔

I’m the shop twice for the same issue. Service has been unbelievable in making sure that I get my car back as soon as possible. I have my car back and can confirm the errors went away and a module has been replaced.

Received my plaid today, woohoo! However, I took the software update that adds XM (eh, shitty audio quality) and “bug fixes” — and lost all settings after the update. Worse, now navigation is unavailable and says it needs service!!

Is anyone here aware of a workaround? Do you really have to go to the service center to get this fixed?
Exact same problem. Originally had a mobile service, but they reached out and said that they can't fix this mobile. I have an appointment at the service center for 9 this morning, so I should know more later today.

Wall charger won’t open the charge port? Anyone noticed that issue and how do I fix it?

also Netflix etc in back screen- plays in main speaker- any way it can just play in back?

as far as my earlier post about the BMS error code at the SC- in short they did diagnostics and said even had California team look into it and was some firmware issue that they swapped and cleared the car. No way for me to know if there is any issue or not… just got the car yesterday. It was showing right SOC for the miles expected. Was at 80% last night and same this morning. I will have to just monitor I guess but decided not to be paranoid about it. If there is a issue I’m sure they will fix it. So far there is none.

I do have question about how to charge and how often- I normally drive less than 50 miles a day except 1 week of the month when I drive about 200 miles daily. I currently have set it up at 80%.. do I charge daily even if it just dropped to 70-75%? What’s the best practice? Leave the charge port in all night?

as far as they car itself - it’s perfect. Didn’t find anything except faint yoke worm. Alignments finish quality paint all look good. Red with white interior looks amazing. Will post pics later as weather hasn’t been good.

Wall charger won’t open the charge port? Anyone noticed that issue and how do I fix it?
Known issue. Some have had service replace the wiring on the charge port door.
also Netflix etc in back screen- plays in main speaker- any way it can just play in back?
Nope.
I do have question about how to charge and how often- I normally drive less than 50 miles a day except 1 week of the month when I drive about 200 miles daily. I currently have set it up at 80%.. do I charge daily even if it just dropped to 70-75%? What’s the best practice? Leave the charge port in all night?
Tesla (or Elon, or both) once said a "happy Tesla is a plugged in Tesla". You will do no harm plugging your car in every night. Nothing like having a "full tank" every day in a situation where you might need to drive more than you intended.

I was confused as everyone says different about charging % and how low to let it go.
The main thing to avoid is charging to 100 and leaving it there often (doing it for a road trip is fine) or leaving it at 0. I leave my M3 plugged in at home at 80%.

As for 70/80/90%, it’s really up to you and how much you may drive daily or on a whim. There is theoretically less battery degradation from using 70% over 90%, but we are taking a few percent over the life of the car. You can start with 80% for daily driving and see how it treats you.