Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that there are currently 20 used Plaids in stock at Tesla. Lots of buyback vehicles? 😄 I am getting ready to lemon law mine, if I can get all the things fixed.
This doesn't make sense: lemon laws apply to things which cannot be fixed after a specified number of attempts (i.e. cannot be made right). Lemon law doesn't apply to something that has been fixed.

This doesn't make sense: lemon laws apply to things which cannot be fixed after a specified number of attempts (i.e. cannot be made right). Lemon law doesn't apply to something that has been fixed.
whoops! Typo. I meant I will lemon law it if I can't get it fixed.

I would prefer to not go that route, since I think that means I have to re-do all my financing. I have a nice 1.24% loan now. Though, I guess I'd get all the new features, like the new headlights, tail lights, moving screen, etc.

whoops! Typo. I meant I will lemon law it if I can't get it fixed.

I would prefer to not go that route, since I think that means I have to re-do all my financing. I have a nice 1.24% loan now. Though, I guess I'd get all the new features, like the new headlights, tail lights, moving screen, etc.
Getting a car lemon’ed is a lot of work (been through it). And it’s not as simple as just not being able to fix “small” things. Definitely do some research on your lemon law state rules. There’s little/no chance of you achieving a buyback for a vibration/rattle - for example.

Reactions: jebinc
Getting a car lemon’ed is a lot of work (been through it). And it’s not as simple as just not being able to fix “small” things. Definitely do some research on your lemon law state rules. There’s little/no chance of you achieving a buyback for a vibration/rattle - for example.
Yeah, seems difficult, but doable.

"It does not need to be something that keeps you from being able to drive the car."

• The manufacturer makes “a reasonable number of attempts” to fix the vehicle. This means that the car has been repaired for the same problem four or more times, or that it has been out of service a cumulative total of 20 or more business days during a 12 month period of the warranty.

Yeah, seems difficult, but doable.

"It does not need to be something that keeps you from being able to drive the car."

• The manufacturer makes “a reasonable number of attempts” to fix the vehicle. This means that the car has been repaired for the same problem four or more times, or that it has been out of service a cumulative total of 20 or more business days during a 12 month period of the warranty.
You may want to read the small print just in case. To “fix” usually refers to a significant safety issue or something that significantly affects the value of the car.

PLEASE HELP > Vehicle not unlocking with mobile. App is suddenly asking me to pair the key cards even though I used the car few hours before it stopped working. Tesla app is saying that the car was last seen 3 days back even though I used it several times in the past 3 days. Both key cards are locked with in the car. Both original Key fob not working with clicks or placing in the pillar. Car cannot be woken up by tesla phone support or roadside assistance. Car is charging but stuck on 120v charger. Having a hard time contacting service center
You probably have tried. But worth a shot. Uninstall and reinstall the Tesla app. I had issue at the beginning phone disconnected error. That seemed to have fixed it.

If it is like my fender screw, it's worse than stripped threads. Probably the threads are in a twisted out rivnut, which will soon fall off and make a nice rattle somewhere inaccessible in the lower door.

In my case, I was able to get a vice grip on the broken nut element and run the screw home. Don't see any access for that here.

Reactions: bhakan
Today's Mobile appt was disappointing.

One step forward, four steps back.

Replaced the jerky, binding charge port door. A step forward.

But, forgot to bring out a replacement for another broken part.

Broke a new part, clip on the rear side passenger trim.

Gasket on hatch now has a nice buckle I can't get out.

And the charge port door rubs on the paint and the overmolded lip gasket is separated for inches in two places.

About a 3/16" gap between the door bezel and the charge connector housing. Not counting this one since I was told they are all like that.

With results like these, perhaps the best service is no service after all.

Reactions: jebinc

And the charge port door rubs on the paint and the overmolded lip gasket is separated for inches in two places.

About a 3/16" gap between the door bezel and the charge connector housing. Not counting this one since I was told they are all like that.

It is amazing how bad service can be.... even worse than their manufacturing.

Attachments

• IMG_20220705_160305052.jpg
    IMG_20220705_160305052.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20220705_160335094.jpg
    IMG_20220705_160335094.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 90

Wonder if it will ever improve or only get worse as more cars are manufactured with power qc.

I'm surprised more people have not reported this but the charge rate continues to move around on its own to different rates overnight. Tech confirmed looking at the logs and send me a snippet of the car log, now engineering is looking at it and it's quite frustrating frankly not having a full charge in the morning to get to work. Waiting to hear what engineering finds but add this to the list of potential issues.

No schedule or departure used. Set Amperage in the car or app does not matter it changes at random

I'm surprised more people have not reported this but the charge rate continues to move around on its own to different rates overnight. Tech confirmed looking at the logs and send me a snippet of the car log, now engineering is looking at it and it's quite frustrating frankly not having a full charge in the morning to get to work. Waiting to hear what engineering finds but add this to the list of potential issues.

No schedule or departure used. Set Amperage in the car or app does not matter it changes at random
If you had Teslafi, you could see what the variation is, and if it has to do with the power supply, and not the car.

I don't have anything connected to rule out 3rd party app or API related issues causing the problem.

This started occurring after 2022.16.2 so I'm pretty sure it is SW related unless the BMS took a toast. Will know more soon I hope but regardless it is a huge problem and issue when I can't drive to work b/c the car is not charged.

I don't have anything connected to rule out 3rd party app or API related issues causing the problem.

This started occurring after 2022.16.2 so I'm pretty sure it is SW related unless the BMS took a toast. Will know more soon I hope but regardless it is a huge problem and issue when I can't drive to work b/c the car is not charged.
Well, you could use the info on the dash to determine if the Voltage has been dropping I guess.