Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was annoyed by the overpriced (my opinion) arachnids. When they jacked the price up by $10K on us, I changed my order to 19s. I would have kept the arachnids if it meant getting the car sooner. We'll never know how exactly they are selecting deliveries but it makes sense to maximize deliveries EOQ to people with the most expensive options.

I was annoyed by the overpriced (my opinion) arachnids. When they jacked the price up by $10K on us, I changed my order to 19s. I would have kept the arachnids if it meant getting the car sooner. Well never know how exactly they are selecting deliveries but it makes sense to maximize deliveries EOQ to people with the most expensive options.

But not if you ordered red, no soup for you..

• Funny
Reactions: Sbaimo
I was annoyed by the overpriced (my opinion) arachnids. When they jacked the price up by $10K on us, I changed my order to 19s. I would have kept the arachnids if it meant getting the car sooner. We'll never know how exactly they are selecting deliveries but it makes sense to maximize deliveries EOQ to people with the most expensive options.
Hopefully once we get into July we will get a better understanding of their order fulfillment process. You would think Plaid/LR or options would have less relevance since they should make a serious dent in the backlog by Sept 30, so this nonsense won’t help make Q3 numbers. If it turns out there’s still a trickle of LR shipments and Plaids go out two weeks from order date as we get deeper into the third quarter then we’ll know they have absolutely no intention of filling LR orders so long as they can make Plaids.

Now hear this...All refresh folks on Deck!

For those that have never seen a refresh in person, and are in SoCal, a MS plaid will be displayed Tomorrow, Saturday the 19th, starting at 10:00AM at the Santa Clarita SuC (Supercharger) 30 min north of LA.

I know this is the LR delivery thread, but if you have angst about what you are getting, seeing a similar car up close in the daylight might be helpful.

Event sponsored by Tesla club of LA. Would be good to contact them and register if you are coming...

Last edited:
Now hear this...All refresh folks on Deck!

For those that have never seen a refresh in person, and are in SoCal, a MS plaid will be displayed Tomorrow, Saturday the 19th, starting at 10:00AM at the Santa Clarita SuC 30 min north of LA.

I know this is the LR delivery thread, but if you have angst about what you are getting, seeing a similar car up close in the daylight might be helpful.

Event sponsored by Tesla club of LA. Would be good to contact them and register if you are coming...
For us first timers, can you please define SuC? I’ve seen it posted several times now. I did a google search and came up empty. I also looked up Tesla acronyms and came up empty there too. Thank you.

Attachments

• AB1527E7-8B0B-4AB3-8C0C-2F6840CC83D8.png
    AB1527E7-8B0B-4AB3-8C0C-2F6840CC83D8.png
    667.3 KB · Views: 69
  • BBE9D3CD-FF57-45C0-9C42-CF09D9EF4A94.png
    BBE9D3CD-FF57-45C0-9C42-CF09D9EF4A94.png
    346 KB · Views: 55
For us first timers, can you please define SuC? I’ve seen it posted several times now. I did a google search and came up empty. I also looked up Tesla acronyms and came up empty there too. Thank you.
Ok sorry. Months and months on charge gate threads... Here you go, plus some others you might encounter...

SuC: Supercharger

SvC: Service Center

SA/DA:. Service/Delivery Advisor

CS: Customer Service ( Sucks in general)

MS: Mobile Service ( Rocks generally)

Technoking: Elon ( Hates Acronyms!)

Last edited:
Ok sorry. Months and months on charge gate threads... Here you go, plus some others you might encounter...

that is helpful. Thanks.. well except the stuff about the crypto king, techno king, doge king, The Lion King,"-1", etc

Thanks. I knew SvC, SA and of course Technoking! Lol. Thanks for the others.

Could be worse , I got the trifecta - Red / White / 19in wheels
I have a feeling July will be your month.. Just a funny feeling. And I feel red/white are the best colors for the S.

I am not fond of the tempest wheels. When I saw them on the street on a pre-refresh S, I could not believe they would put those on an upscale car.m I do think the darker ones look better. But tempest forced me to upgrade to arachnids. I wish they had a 19" upgrade wheel.. Unless you don't mind the aggravation of aftermarket wheels. After reading some things about changing wheels on Tesla, the tire/wheel store would need to be aware and know how to adjust sensors that somehow affect regen braking. I asked Tesla if I could buy one of their accessories wheels (apron 6,000 with tires) and have them delivered on my S instead of the 2 options offered. They said no way baimo.

Anyway, I decided it was easier to just buy the Tesla upgraded wheels. at least the arachnids looked nicer to me than the pre-refreshed upgrade wheels.

Again, you will enjoy your car next month. Sit back and bank on it.

Anyone know how to change your order? Just text or email the SA who emailed you originally? Ready to give in on the arachnids…
If you have an SA you are working with, contact them and they can make the change. If you just did an online order, contact your delivery center for help. But be aware. And changes will create a new MVOA, so although your RN will remain the same your order agreement will be dated as of then. Whether that matters, who knows? My RN was 1/27 and I changed from black to cream interior on 4/7 and that’s the date of my MVOA. At the time my SA said it wouldn’t matter, but who knows?

If you have an SA you are working with, contact them and they can make the change. If you just did an online order, contact your delivery center for help. But be aware. And changes will create a new MVOA, so although your RN will remain the same your order agreement will be dated as of then. Whether that matters, who knows? My RN was 1/27 and I changed from black to cream interior on 4/7 and that’s the date of my MVOA. At the time my SA said it wouldn’t matter, but who knows?
Thanks. Your argument about aftermarket wheels kind of swayed me. I’ll talk to my SA tomorrow.

Thanks. Your argument about aftermarket wheels kind of swayed me. I’ll talk to my SA tomorrow.
Wasn’t my comment on aftermarket wheels. Any comments I’ve made about Arachnids have been related to the mileage penalty. I would assume aftermarket would be less aero and more mileage penalty, only because you would think OEM would be designed to minimize that and most aftermarket other than ultra high end are more focused on cost or appearance.