Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't think you'll qualify for the federal tax credit anyway because the credit is limited to vehicles with MSRP < $80K. With the 21" wheels you have, you'll be over that limit, and only the base model S without any config change will qualify (before price increase of course). Also, the legislation still has to pass which I don't think has good chances of passing.
I ordered the base model white with black Interior, 19s & no FSD. I could get lucky if this passes. Plus I need to follow up with my SA for $2K discount as I had switched to a newer model S.

What is this 2k exactly that you guys speak of?

I’m going from a 3P to plaid, does it apply to me? Thx!
If you ordered before the refresh was announced and the price was increased by $10,000, you will only have to pay $8,000 of the price increase for the 2021 Model S refresh. Even though you are paying $8,000 more than you agreed to when you ordered, you are “saving” $2,000.

This is total bs, there is NO reason for these dates. I also received the email about receiving my model S. I am so glad that Tesla is sorry that I may be disappointed. When I checked my account the EDD I received is Nov 14 - Dec 4. This is for a blue / cream / 19 LR. This is suppose to be an available combination except for the 19s. RN is 1142. Ordered 1 Dec 2020. Glad I never got rid of my old car.
Feel your pain. MSLR White-Cream-19", same story for me. Ordered Christmas Eve 2/24/20. Was "July" for a few weeks, then blank. Now today Nov 7-Nov 27. What is the explanation for the sudden 4 month delay? What suddenly came up, and why no explanation from Tesla? PS - unfortunately, I did sell my old car, so now this house is sharing a car. Maybe we'll get used to it and will decide we don't need a second car?

Has anyone verified the claim that Tesla is shipping out orders placed AFTER the price increase? If this turns around to be true, I'm cancelling my RN1149 May order that current has a date of 12/18-1/5
I feel like it more depends on configuration than price at this point. And if your post-price increase configuration matches inventory levels (e.g. not white interior), you are getting an earlier delivery estimate than someone who order before the price increase, but has a part constrained configuration (e.g. white interior). @MarcG ordered two identical car configurations - nearly a year apart - and they hold nearly the same delivery window.

Has anyone verified the claim that Tesla is shipping out orders placed AFTER the price increase? If this turns around to be true, I'm cancelling my RN1149 May order that current has a date of 12/18-1/5
I don’t think they’re delivered those per se. Just won’t give deliveries to people who had it at the original price and wanted to pick up a car that suddenly became available without charging them the price increase.

Reactions: foos
Well, my little test of placing a new order at the higher $10K price, and with cream interior instead of white paid off on its first night. Not that it is worth $10K though.

Model S 21.5 | Pearl White | Ultra White | 21s | RN11504, ETA = February
Model S 21.5 | MSM | Ultra White | 21s | RN11539, ETA = October

Model S 21.5 | Pearl White | Cream | 21s | RN11546, ETA = Dec 18 - Jan 7 <-- Placed on 8/10/21

The order I literally placed later last night is the first time I've ever got a date estimate, and in mid-December even.

In my post above, my more expensive order got bumped up in date after one night, but it also has cream interior. Can't rule out that it is the white interiors it seems that really push everyone way back even into February now - seems like:

1. White interiors are biggest delay for pushbacks to February, and/or:
2. Tesla is filling the more recent expensive orders first to make $10K more revenue per car.

• Informative
Reactions: oktane
Now that the Plaid is showing EPA of 396 vs LR of 402 is
Orientation is every Monday at 7:00 EDT. I will be going next Monday and will let you know. Date range narrowed again this morning by one day. Hopefully VIN will appear when range narrows to 7 days!
Is it common to get invited to orientations? I think you are the only one that has posted about getting invited to one, even the Plaid team.

@GrnSqrl did yours shift a day today? Mine is now 8/25 - 9/4

I feel like im getting strung along
Yes! But that’s a good thing I believe if pattern from others holds true for us. When range narrows to 7 days VIN will be issued. At least that’s what I’m telling myself. 😀. Also encouraging thaw late date hasn’t moved out.

Reactions: Tigers
Now that the Plaid is showing EPA of 396 vs LR of 402 is
Is it common to get invited to orientations? I think you are the only one that has posted about getting invited to one, even the Plaid team.
I could be wrong but I believe everyone will get invited to orientation when it’s “your time”…that is, x weeks before expected delivery.

Reactions: Tigers