Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s fairly upsetting. I’m used to being able to get in the car and check it out before handing over the check, even with ICE
I was told Delivery & Sales teams get credit/evaluation based on delivered cars. Not only would I refuse to accept a car I could not inspect the interior of, I would change my delivery location. Fortunately there are 3 locations between 45 and 85 miles from my home.

Reactions: planetary
I was told Delivery & Sales teams get credit/evaluation based on delivered cars. Not only would I refuse to accept a car I could not inspect the interior of, I would change my delivery location. Fortunately there are 3 locations between 45 and 85 miles from my home.
Yeah, but like.. if the car’s already delivered / on the way to a specific location, there’s nothing you can really do. So now, I have a week to figure out what Princeton is going to do.

View attachment 711484
Someone got a new baby! Literally. It took almost nine months. And that is a distant memory now!
Congrats! Looks great! Can you post photos of the wheel with the aero cover removed? That darker aero cover is a huge improvement in my view but I’m wondering if the actual wheel is now darker and/or different than the earlier deliveries with the lighter colored aero cover. My EDD is showing Sep 30 - Oct 20 for my MS LR 19” Tempest Black/Black No FSD.

This morning my latest EDD is Oct. 05-25. I had an EDD of Oct. 13-Nov. 02 for I believe since just after the [non] apology email followed by "blank" for around a week until this morning. I believe it's actually going to happen; finally.
I came looking for you after seeing my update last night: Mine is now Oct 06 to Oct 26...I wonder why the day difference...

Reactions: feixingyuan
Don't forget to update the Delivery tracking spreadsheet!!!!

Reactions: MEL-22 and cwanja
For those of you who have taken delivery, do you recall how many days -- and could you share that number -- it was from VIN assignment to actual delivery?
For me, VIN was assigned Tuesday night and car delivered Sunday, so five days. I did get a call Saturday that I could pick it up a day earlier, so it was available four days after VIN assignment. I’m certain being a CA delivery shortened the time between VIN assignment and delivery though.

• Informative
Reactions: MEL-22 and Louiedog
So do you still get a key fob that looks like the car as in the pass. I thought you only get two key cards and then link it to you phone
Yes, I got two key fobs that looks like the car. If you enable the key fobs, you don't need to place the key fobs in the wireless charging spot in order to drive the car. You can just keep the key fob in your pocket.

I came looking for you after seeing my update last night: Mine is now Oct 06 to Oct 26...I wonder why the day difference...
Simple answer my friend - reports are several cargo ocean liners are leaving California for Shanghai to deliver new yet to be made public secret corporate product for Shanghai and with empty space onboard, Florida cars were loaded. From Shanghai then onto Europe with European deliveries then onto Florida, east coast first (my car included) then trucking west coast Florida cars, hence you are a day after me. Tesla's new delivery scheme...

Tesla is the only company where you can’t look at, or drive, the vehicle they assign you to purchase.

And yet people on this forum will mercilessly complain about ICE dealers.
This is actually a very common practice with dealers who have rare or super high demand cars (usually performance cars). They justify it by saying that whoever ends up buying it wants a NEW car, not one that 10 people took for a joyride and I can partially understand that and agree.

Imagine waiting 6 months for the model s assigned to you and you get in and there is 300 miles on it and the seats are already wrinkled because of the other previous customers that decided they didn’t want it.

Obviously during “normal” times where demand isn’t crazy you could test drive and inspect a model s at the sales center anytime.

Congrats! Looks great! Can you post photos of the wheel with the aero cover removed? That darker aero cover is a huge improvement in my view but I’m wondering if the actual wheel is now darker and/or different than the earlier deliveries with the lighter colored aero cover. My EDD is showing Sep 30 - Oct 20 for my MS LR 19” Tempest Black/Black No FSD.
Interesting, same configuration and dates except I have FSD. I’m in SE Pa. last week were you showing 9/28-9/30 for couple days before it jumped up to the current. EDD? When did you order?