Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting antsy now, seeing some LR White interiors getting VINs.

What are the first things you'll do after delivery? I'm doing ceramic tint and coating, and having my brake calipers painted blue. Then, a good road trip to see friends in SC, just outside Charlotte.

Next, we'll start planning our road trip to Boston. I did it back in 2013 before the supercharger network was so built out, in my 60kwh S. No auto pilot, no routing to chargers by the navigation system, no calculations to show where you'd end up battery- wise. You had to do it all yourself. I loved every minute of it.
I'm in Tampa... Who are you going to use for your Tinit and brake calipers? This is who was receommended to me in Tampa:

The EV Studio
12911 N Nebraska Avenue
Tampa, FL 33612
The EV Studio | Tesla Clear Bra, Window Tint, and Ceramic Coating
813-846-3891

Reactions: waflocka and bhakan
Wave as you come past Wilton, CT :D Not sure if you have done that trip before, but I highly recommend taking Route 15/Merritt Parkway as far as you can through CT. It runs parallel with the 95 for a lot of the way, but the road is better, prettier, there's hardly any police (people drive much faster as such) and there's no big trucks :) It's now well served by superchargers too.
I used to drive the Merritt Parkway all the time...definitely better than I95 and no commercial traffic...or it used to be no commercial traffic...

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
I'm getting antsy now, seeing some LR White interiors getting VINs.

What are the first things you'll do after delivery? I'm doing ceramic tint and coating, and having my brake calipers painted blue. Then, a good road trip to see friends in SC, just outside Charlotte.

Next, we'll start planning our road trip to Boston. I did it back in 2013 before the supercharger network was so built out, in my 60kwh S. No auto pilot, no routing to chargers by the navigation system, no calculations to show where you'd end up battery- wise. You had to do it all yourself. I loved every minute of it.
I like the caliper painted blue. In my recently sold MS100D I has calipers painted gold/yellow om my all back fully wrapped car. My MSLR will be MSM/black when I take delivery whenever that may be. Blue caliper is one of the options I am considering.

just saw a Black LR refresh driving around Marietta. I'd have taken a picture but it was filthy. man they look good. first refresh I've seen driving around. 3 weeks till the start of my EDD. I can't wait.
Saw my first refresh yesterday around 1960/249 in Houston. Was MSM/Black and the woman driving it was getting squeezed between two trucks trying to get on 249. I felt really bad for her as she tried to navigate around them. But it looked... amazing.

Wave as you come past Wilton, CT :D Not sure if you have done that trip before, but I highly recommend taking Route 15/Merritt Parkway as far as you can through CT. It runs parallel with the 95 for a lot of the way, but the road is better, prettier, there's hardly any police (people drive much faster as such) and there's no big trucks :) It's now well served by superchargers too.
Love the Merritt. Fun to drive. Highly recommend as well. Hoping to get my LR for our Thanksgiving trip!!

I'm in Tampa... Who are you going to use for your Tinit and brake calipers? This is who was receommended to me in Tampa:

The EV Studio
12911 N Nebraska Avenue
Tampa, FL 33612
The EV Studio | Tesla Clear Bra, Window Tint, and Ceramic Coating
813-846-3891
Yes, Pete is fantastic, however I'm using someone closer to home this time. Reeder's for tint and ceramic coating probably. And since I'm fickle, I'm using Addiption to do my calipers (peelable so I can change colors easily/ inexpensively). They did the calipers on a friend's 3 two years ago and they still look perfect. It's about $300 for the calipers, and they can do pretty much any color you want.

Reeder's just did the tint on my Vette and I am happy with the job they did. They used Llumar IRX, which has made a world of difference on my black on black Vette.

I like the caliper painted blue. In my recently sold MS100D I has calipers painted gold/yellow om my all back fully wrapped car. My MSLR will be MSM/black when I take delivery whenever that may be. Blue caliper is one of the options I am considering.
My 90D S I sold in June was MSM, and I always wanted to do the calipers in blue. But those silver turbine wheels just were so beefy, you wouldn't have noticed them much so I never bothered. This time though... the arachnids should allow them to be seen.

Reactions: bhakan
My 90D S I sold in June was MSM, and I always wanted to do the calipers in blue. But those silver turbine wheels just were so beefy, you wouldn't have noticed them much so I never bothered. This time though... the arachnids should allow them to be seen.
Are those peelable and not painted? I had mine painted on my 21in Sonic carbon twin turbine wheels in my S100D. See pic here. I may get more info from you and get a local business to do for me. My two daughters are are as excited as this mom about these. :)

Attachments

• PXL_20210930_202149968.jpg
    PXL_20210930_202149968.jpg
    544.3 KB · Views: 82
Are those peelable and not painted? I had mine painted on my 21in Sonic carbon twin turbine wheels in my S100D. See pic here. I may get more info from you and get a local business to do for me. My two daughters are are as excited as this mom about these. :)
In my personal opinion, yours look good; my 1st choice are blue as on my Carbon 65 that I posted about a week back. They came that way, factory standard, I liked them on 1st sighting and liked them more now. Some folks opt for red which I also think look good. All simply a matter of personal taste.

It's a sprayed on product like paint that's peelable, Autoflex is what I think they use, which is a similar product to Plastidip (these have come a long way in the last few years)

Try searching "auto dipping" to find someplace near you.

Reactions: bhakan
For anyone still waiting for trunk shelves that were missing at delivery… I was told at 8/25 delivery that they’d be mailed to me, but they never arrived. So I made a mobile appointment and they were delivered today. First time with mobile appointment. Technician was super helpful and answered many questions I had.

Sorry I opened up a can of worms...but you all put a smile on my face this afternoon...as I wait along side you all for this new Tesla... At least you all have a car...it looks like I might be riding a bicycle... :)
I'm selling my 2015 Model S85D to a friend. He's anxious to have the car. I'm trying to hold him off since my estimated delivery is Dec 10-30.
(He told me I could have his Nissan Leaf until my new car arrived... such a deal!)