Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are a super, super unique case. There are people with orders nearing or over a year old.
Not super unique as several others have mentioned the same on these boards. Then there were several hundred MS that just appeared in inventory a few weeks ago (and disappeared almost as fast). My service center had a Plaid in the showroom with an available sign on it that wasn't showing on the inventory web site. Those who are flexible with what they will take have had shorter wait times. If you are in a hurry and flexible then call Tesla daily.

Not super unique as several others have mentioned the same on these boards. Then there were several hundred MS that just appeared in inventory a few weeks ago (and disappeared almost as fast). My service center had a Plaid in the showroom with an available sign on it that wasn't showing on the inventory web site. Those who are flexible with what they will take have had shorter wait times. If you are in a hurry and flexible then call Tesla daily.
I know there were a bunch of Plaids available, but I don’t remember anyone mentioning a MS LR with white interior available in inventory anywhere.

This seems a unique case to me and I have no clue how it happened. Super happy for them but incredibly jealous.

I am going to sound like a broken record, but I can’t stand this. The fact that deliveries are taking longer than trade ins are accepted and longer than financing is approved means not checking those should do nothing for the queue. Why would I want a credit hit to get approved for financing (in my case I am pre approved already, but the point stands) to just have it expire and have to re do it again. Same with trade in. There is 0 chance anyone gets a car within a month of ordering. Why would I want my trade in value now? It means nothing for me

Ahh the woes of Tesla ordering. But damn is it always worth it haha

As you get close to delivery, consider getting a signature loan and pay cash...then finance and or sell you current car later...

I know there were a bunch of Plaids available, but I don’t remember anyone mentioning a MS LR with white interior available in inventory anywhere.

This seems a unique case to me and I have no clue how it happened. Super happy for them but incredibly jealous.
There were a few, definitely had to be caught within minutes of it being posted. And even then, it could have been accounted for. @Blue Stuff makes a valid point.

Just noticed that among the documents on my order's landing page, the MVPA shows a VIN. Got my hopes up, but it's the same VIN that was pulled from me at EoQ when they couldn't deliver (and for 48 hours showed a delay to February). EDD now holding for next two weeks but no VIN assigned yet.

You'd think that when they pull a VIN they'd also remove the MVPA from the order's landing page until a new VIN is assigned. But no, they leave it hidden as a tease.

Cross post from white interior thread:

Hello all! Long time lurker here. Been following the LR delivery tracking thread since it was first created and now this white interior thread. I just never got around to creating an account. But I said to myself I would pay it forward once I got some real news. I placed my order for my model S LR white/white 21" on 1/14/21. My RN is 1143. Accepted the new refresh on 1/30. Been through all the yo-yoing of EDDs from March to July and now up until recently it was October. For the last two months my EDD was Oct 13-Nov 2. Then on Oct 9 my EDD changed to Oct 23-Nov 5. And then finallyyyy late last night while I was sleeping (instead of diligently refreshing my order page every 5 mins) I received a VIN!!!!!! EDD is Oct 29-Nov 4. VIN is MF. View attachment 722528

To make matters worse...the e-mails to my Tesla Advisor are now bouncing...

...Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: Raul XXXXXXX ([email protected]) <mailto:[email protected]> The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending your message later, or contact the recipient directly.)...

Not good...
Apologies once again since I and several others have posted numerous times along this line, so perhaps redundancy to the point of overkill; nonetheless, 1 more time:

Here's a company that does not need and apparently does not want our business, yet we continue to try and throw over $105K+ their way (in my case) and their idiotic games beyond belief continue.

My delivery is scheduled in my 10th month after placing my order. My first contact attempt was after 5 months of total silence, I learned my SA was terminated nearly 5 months prior. Took weeks to get an SA that promised superior communications which of course resulted in additional silence. The local manager insisted he had no information for me, claimed his computer screen with my RN was there, yet zero information and promised he would contact me with any information such as match, soft match, yada yada. Of course I never heard from him and when I received my VIN 7 days ago, emailed him and his reply was my car just left the factory, awaiting a train headed my way. Ironically he indeed had information he refused to share!!

I long ago gave up on these bozos and decided my self imposed "BINGO" date to cancel if no VIN was October. Ironically once again, my delivery is scheduled for October 28th at 11:00E. I am hoping for a "good copy" with NO to very few issues at delivery and feel sure I will likely enjoy learning and using the MS LR technology.

Unlike many other posts I have read even from customers as shocked as I have been with this entire process, many have posted: "it was well worth the wait". IF I do accept delivery and still hoping I will enjoy the product, I will never do business with Tesla again. The waiting might and could have been acceptable had we known in advance what might happen. Putting the supply chain issues aside, for now, it is obvious when the car was announced, it was not even close to being ready for production. Several promised events have yet to take place, others not close to being finalized!

I apologize once again for my honesty! OK, it's now HH (somewhere) so "ganbei" meaning "dry cup", as in cheers, bottoms-up, salute...

Apologies once again since I and several others have posted numerous times along this line, so perhaps redundancy to the point of overkill; nonetheless, 1 more time:

Here's a company that does not need and apparently does not want our business, yet we continue to try and throw over $105K+ their way (in my case) and their idiotic games beyond belief continue.

My delivery is scheduled in my 10th month after placing my order. My first contact attempt was after 5 months of total silence, I learned my SA was terminated nearly 5 months prior. Took weeks to get an SA that promised superior communications which of course resulted in additional silence. The local manager insisted he had no information for me, claimed his computer screen with my RN was there, yet zero information and promised he would contact me with any information such as match, soft match, yada yada. Of course I never heard from him and when I received my VIN 7 days ago, emailed him and his reply was my car just left the factory, awaiting a train headed my way. Ironically he indeed had information he refused to share!!

I long ago gave up on these bozos and decided my self imposed "BINGO" date to cancel if no VIN was October. Ironically once again, my delivery is scheduled for October 28th at 11:00E. I am hoping for a "good copy" with NO to very few issues at delivery and feel sure I will likely enjoy learning and using the MS LR technology.

Unlike many other posts I have read even from customers as shocked as I have been with this entire process, many have posted: "it was well worth the wait". IF I do accept delivery and still hoping I will enjoy the product, I will never do business with Tesla again. The waiting might and could have been acceptable had we known in advance what might happen. Putting the supply chain issues aside, for now, it is obvious when the car was announced, it was not even close to being ready for production. Several promised events have yet to take place, others not close to being finalized!

I apologize once again for my honesty! OK, it's now HH (somewhere) so "ganbei" meaning "dry cup", as in cheers, bottoms-up, salute...
Not excusing Tesla for their many blunders, but....my neighbor is a Cadillac devotee. Inquired last week about ordering a new Escalade. Cadillac dealer's answer: 12 month wait, no guarantees. Many other companies experiencing a supply chain disaster. Despite Tesla's challenges, I am looking forward to my delivery, and I am long on my shares :)

Not excusing Tesla for their many blunders, but....my neighbor is a Cadillac devotee. Inquired last week about ordering a new Escalade. Cadillac dealer's answer: 12 month wait, no guarantees. Many other companies experiencing a supply chain disaster. Despite Tesla's challenges, I am looking forward to my delivery, and I am long on my shares :)
Sir, you went dark for several weeks; glad you're back! Cadillac stated 12 month wait, no guarantees. Tesla told me a few weeks! As we all are well aware, 10 - 20+ EDD changes, zero explanations or any communications, yada yada. We all know the drill. At Tesla West Palm Beach now just peeking around the lot. Long on your shares is smart; just wish there was a wee bit of honesty, integrity yada yada. Enjoy the remainder of the weekend. Ganbei...

Reactions: AKay724 and MEL-22
Sir, you went dark for several weeks; glad you're back! Cadillac stated 12 month wait, no guarantees. Tesla told me a few weeks! As we all are well aware, 10 - 20+ EDD changes, zero explanations or any communications, yada yada. We all know the drill. At Tesla West Palm Beach now just peeking around the lot. Long on your shares is smart; just wish there was a wee bit of honesty, integrity yada yada. Enjoy the remainder of the weekend. Ganbei...
I here ya and agree. 12 EDD range changes in the last 7 weeks for me. Yeah, dark for a bit. Exhausted :) Needed an EDD checking break. Oct 25-Nov 14 right now. Will it hold? Who knows. I am starting to see many more new S on the road in my area, so starting to feel like it might be a reality soon. Good luck.

Reactions: MEL-22
Also absolutely not excusing Tesla with their delivery process. However, I have friends who have ordered multiple different cars with similar, and most of the time, worse experiences. Take the Bronco for example. I know of two of my co workers who ordered one, were told June multiple times at XXX price. June comes around, they hear nothing. They call, low and behold, the dealers are now saying August, but with a $10k markup now to get the car. Of course they denied, but the principle is the same. It is *sugar* all over the car industry. As much as Tesla does wrong with its delivery process, i'll take it over a lot of the legacy car manufactures. Again, doesn't excuse a lot of the BS that happens. If they would follow the tride and true under promise over deliver people wouldn't be as outraged. They constantly over promise and under deliver though.

I here ya and agree. 12 EDD range changes in the last 7 weeks for me. Yeah, dark for a bit. Exhausted :) Needed an EDD checking break. Oct 25-Nov 14 right now. Will it hold? Who knows. I am starting to see many more new S on the road in my area, so starting to feel like it might be a reality soon. Good luck.
I heard you need to have your res details on your sig or you won't get a VIN ;)

Ha! Tried that for 6 months, didn't work.
W/B/19/FSD RN1146 3/23/21 order date.
Sold my 2017 MS 75D on 8/30/21, so enjoying driving my college kid's 180K mile subaru outback in the meantime....
OK @Louiedog, I am lmao because I sold my cherished 2019 MS P Raven a couple weeks ago to make room for the new rig and I’m driving my kids old Honda Civic to the train station until who-knows-when! EDD Nov 8 - Dec 6….. We shall see! Enjoy that Subaru. I feel ya!