Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i guess I’m just confused; what value does Tesla get from cutting over somewhat randomly in November? Especially after pushing out a whole slew of cars in the past week judging by this board?

Maybe it has something to do with the moment of VIN assignment - I’m not a real car guy, so I don’t know, but maybe it gets assigned once certain parts are produced regardless of when the whole car comes together… and under that logic if they produced a whole slew of parts in say September but didn’t finish assembly till November 5, here we go.

Strange and frustrating. Second time Tesla has killed me on resale.
I have no idea. Maybe they were waiting for infrastructure act to get signed into law to make adaptive headlights legal to replace model S crappy headlights for MY 2022? Idk I can dream. Lol.

Congrats that you the first one got NF, it’s nothing against you brother, when i read today and got so excited that finally 2022 VIN starts and rest of us going to get 2022. Then someone else got assigned today for 2021. Hopefully from now on all new post shows NF. If you dont mind asking you, whats first 3 after NF. Last one on MF i heard 456.
No worries NF4587.

Check out How to reveal your Tesla VIN number before it's in your account for why I can see my VIN but not screenshot the actual website.

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll have the VIN appear on the main page. But until then…

Attachments

• 220B1AA5-00F9-47AF-BDA5-6B1C93AE6E7F.jpeg
    220B1AA5-00F9-47AF-BDA5-6B1C93AE6E7F.jpeg
    736.9 KB · Views: 68
My latest EDD range starts tomorrow. I happened to be at my local SC this morning to have my ancient MS serviced (it’s a 2013) so I figured I’d go talk to an SA to find out if they have any info on my order. I have not received a VIN but was told the expected delivery date of the car to the SC is 11/23. So, I’ve decided I’m definitely getting a VIN tomorrow. 🤪

(And yes, I realize that SAs know practically nothing and that I’m likely to be disappointed tomorrow. But one can hope!)

My latest EDD range starts tomorrow. I happened to be at my local SC this morning to have my ancient MS serviced (it’s a 2013) so I figured I’d go talk to an SA to find out if they have any info on my order. I have not received a VIN but was told the expected delivery date of the car to the SC is 11/23. So, I’ve decided I’m definitely getting a VIN tomorrow. 🤪

(And yes, I realize that SAs know practically nothing and that I’m likely to be disappointed tomorrow. But one can hope!)
You have my identical config and a much earlier RN. I would be surprised if you don’t have a VIN very soon (if not already - have you checked the source code?) and I would expect you to get an NF VIN too.

You have my identical config and a much earlier RN. I would be surprised if you don’t have a VIN very soon (if not already - have you checked the source code?) and I would expect you to get an NF VIN too.
You are giving me hope! Thank you! But no VIN in the source code. I’m worried about getting shafted since Tesla seems to leave Fremont area deliveries for EOQ. I’ve been in my EDD window so many times over the last ten months that I don’t know what to make of the latest one. We’ll see…

I find it quite amusing that there are people who question the authenticity of my post. I mean, I understand. I saw the Reddit furore a week or so ago where someone claimed to have a 2022 model S and later admitted they lied.

The picture is from the Tesla VIN Finder plug-in that searches the source code. A well known and well documented way to find your VIN usually days before it arrives on the main page.

Someone had to be the first to be the first to post with a 2022 VIN. Apparently it’s me (and I get all tbd internet points for the day! (Sarcasm)). I’m sure more will appear in the coming days.

On the one hand, I couldn’t care less if people think I’m lying. On the other hand, it does annoy me that people think I may be lying. Name what I can do to prove it (short of giving you my password!) and I’ll do it.

Whether Tesla pull through and deliver a 2022 is out of my control. But that’s what they are telling me right now.
I for one don’t think you’re lying and I’m sorry you’ve been met with such skepticism. This is supposed to be a forum that supports each other, or at least tries to keep our sanity while wondering what the monkey is doing.
it’s not like you’ll be given 100 virgins, or even $1 for getting an N vin.
besides you’re in Canada, the land where the cops apologize for giving tickets!
if you were in the states you might have lost your cool on this site/forum.

it also brings hope to some of us that the N log jam has finally broken.

i don’t know when you’ll actually receive it, but I hope you enjoy your 2022 in good health!

Yahoo! I received a VIN (XXXXXXXXXNF458652) for my 2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD. The EDD is 11/23/21 – 12/7/21. Yes, a 2022 VIN! Let the fun begin...as I am traveling thru my EDD dates... Let's see how well this plays out...
This should help validate lanw_2021! I for one am thrilled, at this point I “required” a 2022. Others Folks didn’t care, but for a purchase the later model year makes sense to me for a resale bump. I may flip the car in a year or two.
comgrats on your vin, with a double bonus N!

You can call Tesla and ask them to ping your car via the cars GPS system. On their system they have a satellite image map with a small Tesla model s icon which represents your car. Once they ping your car, the map shows where your car currently is at any given time in transit to the SC.

I went to my local SC and one of the SAs actually showed me what I just explained above, on his computer.

I had Tesla ping my car a few times over the last 2 weeks and was told it was in the Fremont rail yard, once somewhere in the Nebraska area, and more recently in the Chicago rail yard.

Maybe give this a try if you’re looking for some answers!
I texted my SA and asked him where my car was. His answer, "it's on a train"

Yahoo! I received a VIN (XXXXXXXXXNF458652) for my 2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD. The EDD is 11/23/21 – 12/7/21. Yes, a 2022 VIN! Let the fun begin...as I am traveling thru my EDD dates... Let's see how well this plays out...
screenshots required. lol. and you know the first part of the VIN is pretty much the same for everyone. blocking that part out isn't necessary. but the last 3 of the VIN, those are the final identifiers. not that it really matters either way.

from this second NF, looks like NF is starting at NF458, there's still MF456s starting and I don't think I've seen any MF457s yet.

I'm curious, has anyone taken a delivery since Sunday?

This is a delivery hold on my car (and one other forum member that I can find) while they release a mandatory software update to fix some sort of center screen issue. I want to make sure it's not just me that's dealing with this.

I took delivery on Saturday. My LR software is still 2021.31.103 and no update yet. I only put 180 miles on it before sending it for tint and Ceramic coating on Tuesday. Not expected to have the car back until early/mid next week. No real screen issues except my instrument panel went blank for about 15 seconds but just once. No issue with the big screen. Only other issue I have with the car is I have a notification that there is not Sensory memory stick installed but there is and it records. Not sure if that is related.

screenshots required. lol. and you know the first part of the VIN is pretty much the same for everyone. blocking that part out isn't necessary. but the last 3 of the VIN, those are the final identifiers. not that it really matters either way.

from this second NF, looks like NF is starting at NF458, there's still MF456s starting and I don't think I've seen any MF457s yet.
Agreed. I stated this yesterday not seeing any 457's. Looks like they skipped from MF456 to NF458. Pretty exciting to see S's finally getting the transition to 22. Sad I'm still waiting for 2+ mths. 😥

RN1150 late May order- White Black 19’s no FSD. Base model!

Does anyone know how I can verify that this wasn’t a reject car or any repairs required (body / paint)? I am a little surprised it’s a MF455 since the past week or so a lot of MF456 have been showing up.
From reading/learning on this forum. 455/456's are Nov builds. So your car is fresh out of the oven! QA issues are random with each car. Make sure to take the checklist with you when you inspect on delivery day. Excited for you!

Congrats neighbor! Did you pick up from Devon? Where are you getting your tint and ceramic coating done at? I'm out near Longwood Gardens and am still looking for a shop to do mine.

Hey,
Yes picked up in Devon. Had a good experience with them. Had months to figure the car out so it was painless.

Ceramic and Tinting done at Acap. They are right on route 30 close to 202. On your way home. Came highly recommended by my brother. Did a great job on his black Blazer. Do PPF as well if you are going for fuller coverage. Very helpful. Very clean shop. Do a ton of work on Tesla’s. There were two MYs there when I dropped off.