Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This week I have had a number of events - here is the complete story, including previously posted items.

Tuesday, Nov 16th at 4:28pm I got an email saying time to send your final payment. I had not setup a trade-in just to avoid the date window running out. At 10:30 that morning, my EDD window was February 27 to March 27 as it had been since October 27th.

Upon seeing the email, I was confused and checked my Tesla account and iPhone. Both had an EDD of November 30 to December 5 and showed VIN 54MF4562xx. On Wednesday I got an email from my SA saying yes the car was complete and in the lot at Fremont.

I began figuring out how to deal with my 2017 Model S D90. Got an offer from Carvana which was higher than I expected. Had my SA reopen the Trade-in option and completed the Tesla Trade-in data process. The Tesla value was almost $1,000 greater than Carvana and since Georgia has a tax based on the money I pay Tesla there was another $3,000 and change. I accepted the Tesla offer.

The Wednesday email said Tesla would send me an email when my car about midway between Fremont and Birmingham, AL. Birmingham is where the rail portion of my delivery ends and the tractor trailer portion begins. As of now, that email has not arrived.

This morning, I called the Tesla factory and after a 32 minutes wait, I was told my Model S had left Fremont on a rail car. I was told the scheduled arrival at my delivery location (Roswell, GA) was November 30th. Since November 30th is the first day of my EDD window - maybe the start of the EDD is also the expected delivery location arrival date for others. The Tesla person said the likely day when my car would be ready to pick up would probably be "the end of the week" which I took to mean December 3rd or 4th.

I placed my order July 1st. RN 115241579. White; black interior, 19s and FSD.

Can anyone suggest an SA in Nor Cal Dublin or Fremont? I ordered my car and I had some contact from the SA in dublin but then he seems to have disappeared.
Now I have a VIN yay! As of this morning I got a VIN and its a NF and I did see the 2022 Tesla Model S in the Account page.
I am not able to get a hold of anyone for the next steps of scheduling delivery. Any help?
EDD is Nov 20-26.

Too excited! Cheers!

Indeed, app is v4.3.0 (on an iPhone 13 Pro). Updated yesterday, and just checked again -- no other updates.
I've noticed it only appears in the app after you've made the initial lending selection. Had my SA switch mine back to cash which reset my selection and the new landing page disappeared from the app until I selected lending option again and hit "continue". After that a QR code appears on web version referencing the app for next steps.

Reactions: Vinny860
Wife had a service appointment so had her inquire about my car. She was told that I'm not currently matched with any cars and that it looks like late December with a possibility of a little earlier. Bummed I'm not matched yet but at least helps my sanity a little to expect another month at least.

Edit: Wife told me they said rough estimate was Dec 27th

Last edited:
This week I have had a number of events - here is the complete story, including previously posted items.

Tuesday, Nov 16th at 4:28pm I got an email saying time to send your final payment. I had not setup a trade-in just to avoid the date window running out. At 10:30 that morning, my EDD window was February 27 to March 27 as it had been since October 27th.

Upon seeing the email, I was confused and checked my Tesla account and iPhone. Both had an EDD of November 30 to December 5 and showed VIN 54MF4562xx. On Wednesday I got an email from my SA saying yes the car was complete and in the lot at Fremont.

I began figuring out how to deal with my 2017 Model S D90. Got an offer from Carvana which was higher than I expected. Had my SA reopen the Trade-in option and completed the Tesla Trade-in data process. The Tesla value was almost $1,000 greater than Carvana and since Georgia has a tax based on the money I pay Tesla there was another $3,000 and change. I accepted the Tesla offer.

The Wednesday email said Tesla would send me an email when my car about midway between Fremont and Birmingham, AL. Birmingham is where the rail portion of my delivery ends and the tractor trailer portion begins. As of now, that email has not arrived.

This morning, I called the Tesla factory and after a 32 minutes wait, I was told my Model S had left Fremont on a rail car. I was told the scheduled arrival at my delivery location (Roswell, GA) was November 30th. Since November 30th is the first day of my EDD window - maybe the start of the EDD is also the expected delivery location arrival date for others. The Tesla person said the likely day when my car would be ready to pick up would probably be "the end of the week" which I took to mean December 3rd or 4th.

I placed my order July 1st. RN 115241579. White; black interior, 19s and FSD.
Wow, that is a dream come true email. Mine is currently Feb 15-Mar 15.. I guess I can dream.. or do you believe in miracles? :)

Reactions: Vinny860