Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You may have to confirm with your delivery advisor possibly. I hope we in mid-atlantic taking delivery in winter should be given AS tires. Where are you taking your delivery from? I am taking delivery from Rockville
I am taking delivery from Glen Allen. I do wish i could pick up somewhere else lol. They rushed me on my Model 3 pick up 3 years ago.

I doubt this will help fix the supply side of this equation for Tesla.
"The start of production batches for international deliveries is expected to be part of why the delivery timelines are so long."

"New Model S deliveries finally started in June, and Tesla recently managed to ramp up production close to previous levels before production was halted for the refresh. But deliveries have been limited to the US and a few in Canada lately. Today, CEO Elon Musk gave the first timeline for expanding deliveries to China. He said that he is expecting Model S Plaid deliveries to start in China around March 2022:

China is arguably Tesla’s most important market right now, thanks to an incredible ramp-up at Gigafactory Shanghai, but Tesla’s Chinese factory only produces Model 3 and Model Y. The Model S is still only coming from the Fremont factory in the US. Importing the vehicle in China adds significantly to the cost of the vehicle, but the price is not as big a factor for the Plaid, which is the top performance version.

Tesla enjoys a strong base of wealthy customers who like to always have the latest top version of its vehicles, and that’s now the Model S Plaid. With Tesla growing its base market in China over the last two years with Model 3 and Model Y, it will be interesting to see how big a market it opened for the Model S Plaid in the country. As we recently reported, Tesla has been pushing Model S and Model X delivery timelines to as far as 2023 in the US.
The start of production batches for international deliveries is expected to be part of why the delivery timelines are so long."

Mine (late October 2021 reservation) has been going back and forth between a June and March/April EDD every few days.

This weekend I happened to stop by a Tesla store in the mall just to see if they could tell me anything different (didn't really have high hopes since my order was so recent). And nope.

Although I did see if they had any other Long Range availability and the lady showed me one Blue/Cream/19s that was damaged. Paperwork showed about $3500 in damage and a bunch of items getting repaired, including the headlights, fenders, bumper.

So if anyone wants one, there appears to be one!

• Informative
Reactions: rdmdriving
"The start of production batches for international deliveries is expected to be part of why the delivery timelines are so long."

"New Model S deliveries finally started in June, and Tesla recently managed to ramp up production close to previous levels before production was halted for the refresh. But deliveries have been limited to the US and a few in Canada lately. Today, CEO Elon Musk gave the first timeline for expanding deliveries to China. He said that he is expecting Model S Plaid deliveries to start in China around March 2022:

China is arguably Tesla’s most important market right now, thanks to an incredible ramp-up at Gigafactory Shanghai, but Tesla’s Chinese factory only produces Model 3 and Model Y. The Model S is still only coming from the Fremont factory in the US. Importing the vehicle in China adds significantly to the cost of the vehicle, but the price is not as big a factor for the Plaid, which is the top performance version.

Tesla enjoys a strong base of wealthy customers who like to always have the latest top version of its vehicles, and that’s now the Model S Plaid. With Tesla growing its base market in China over the last two years with Model 3 and Model Y, it will be interesting to see how big a market it opened for the Model S Plaid in the country. As we recently reported, Tesla has been pushing Model S and Model X delivery timelines to as far as 2023 in the US.
The start of production batches for international deliveries is expected to be part of why the delivery timelines are so long."
Humm... This may be true for China, but here in old Europe some of us have been waiting for quite some time (ordered mine end of march), and current statement from SA's is tentative dec 2022. So if the factory is building for international delivery, I don't know where there's going :D

Not sure how the supply chain issues will affect this. There are a million containers that can't get into the US or are stuck and not being delivered.
then again, if they're stuck on the way "in" maybe it will be "no traffic" on the way out.
Either way, there is a huge trade imbalance right now, including the US consuming a lot more internally and not exporting. so maybe it will actually make it EASIER to get stuff out.
then there's a whole bunch of stuff i read between China and Taiwan, hypersonic missiles, etc. - so not sure how that will factor in.
take out the missile part, and i think it will be similar for europe - from US to europe might be going against the flow of traffic - or maybe the cars will be produced there?
I know the article says S in Fremont only, but do we know that as gospel?

Reactions: FlatSix911
Delivery day boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen. She is perfect. Will adjust the trunk on my own, but honestly not worried about it right now. Fronk has a some slight misalignment and I might mention it to a mobile service tech one day, but I want to know what it takes to fix it before they are start screwing with it. Old issues that I do not see - no front windshield distortion, no dent in the front dash, no mirror wobble.

Came loaded with mostly all the parts - missing sub trunk cover and parcel shelf. Oddly, had the corner piece 🤷🏽‍♂️ Tesla said pretty much all are missing those and I did not put up a fit to try and them from a car that has been sitting there for weeks. Mine is going to sit in the garage for a week and then PPF, tint, ceramic for a week. So I will ping them when I get closer to picking up my car from the detailer and see if they have them so that I can swing by and grab them. At that point, I am going to be driving it daily and really want those.

Came the summer tires - south Texas, really do not care. I will monitor them in the winter, but I am not in a huge rush to replace them.

For now, the wait is over and I am elated to say the least. Wife is too, she told me she never wants to hear about TMC again. So I think you guys won in that battle

More photos to come post tint, PPF and ceramic.
IMG_1778.jpg IMG_1779.jpg IMG_1780.jpg

Yes, join most of us RN1150 order holders with delivery set in last two weeks of December it seems! ;-)
Yep confirming with RN1150 picking up in burbank white/black/19 no FSD. I've been sitting on Dec10-30 since September 29, I called the 800 number and they said that they're seeing Dec 25-30 on their system. Yesterday I saw it change to Dec 22-31. He says I won't see a vin until december :(

Bumped again this morning. EDD now 3/11/22-4/8/22 from 1/30-2/27. That will put me out over a year of waiting time.
I'm really starting to lose it. Especially seeing later orders continuing to take delivery. I'm at a loss with Tesla logistics, and totally over it with their communication.
Can anyone talk me off the ledge?

Order date 4/4/21, RN1147 MSM/blk/21 no FSD

Bumped again this morning. EDD now 3/11/22-4/8/22 from 1/30-2/27. That will put me out over a year of waiting time.
I'm really starting to lose it. Especially seeing later orders continuing to take delivery. I'm at a loss with Tesla logistics, and totally over it with their communication.
Can anyone talk me off the ledge?

Order date 4/4/21, RN1147 MSM/blk/21 no FSD
Same EDD change this morning, I am in OC. When I play with building a new model s on tesla.com today, EDD is June, 2022. I guess they should just remove EDD. :)

Delivery day boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen. She is perfect. Will adjust the trunk on my own, but honestly not worried about it right now. Fronk has a some slight misalignment and I might mention it to a mobile service tech one day, but I want to know what it takes to fix it before they are start screwing with it. Old issues that I do not see - no front windshield distortion, no dent in the front dash, no mirror wobble.

Came loaded with mostly all the parts - missing sub trunk cover and parcel shelf. Oddly, had the corner piece 🤷🏽‍♂️ Tesla said pretty much all are missing those and I did not put up a fit to try and them from a car that has been sitting there for weeks. Mine is going to sit in the garage for a week and then PPF, tint, ceramic for a week. So I will ping them when I get closer to picking up my car from the detailer and see if they have them so that I can swing by and grab them. At that point, I am going to be driving it daily and really want those.

Came the summer tires - south Texas, really do not care. I will monitor them in the winter, but I am not in a huge rush to replace them.

For now, the wait is over and I am elated to say the least. Wife is too, she told me she never wants to hear about TMC again. So I think you guys won in that battle

View attachment 736082 View attachment 736083 View attachment 736084
enjoy in good health. I presume you'll be leaving this thread, and going to the driving thread, and hopefully won't catch up with you on a problems thread!

View attachment 736082 View attachment 736083 View attachment 736084
What a beauty!! Congrats!!

• Love
Reactions: Pdubs and cwanja
I just tried calling the Schaumburg, IL (West Chicago) sales office where my eventual delivery should happen. It was answered by the national office. They said they could transfer me there but could not give me the phone number. They confirmed that my car "should" be delivered in the EDD shown on their site. The confirmed that my Telsa with 19s should ship with A/S tires. I asked if they would change them if it arrived with summer tires. They said no, my only option was to refuse delivery.

What a great sales organization. I was so lucky to be able to talk to them today and have all my questions answered. If only they offered a survey at the end of the call to rate my call experience so I could give them a big FU!

I feel like I am ordering a $90K burger and they are spitting on it before it leaves the kitchen.

enjoy in good health. I presume you'll be leaving this thread, and going to the driving thread, and hopefully won't catch up with you on a problems thread!
I will hang around, but might let this thread fall to the sidelines for awhile. Good to stay informed.
What a beauty!! Congrats!!
Thank you so much!